Texas

What age do my chicks need to be before I switch them from starter to grower. I cant remember if it is six weeks or eight weeks or if I am just wrong all the way.
I feed Texas Naturals. It says to feed the starter (20% protein) to 10 wks of age, then you can switch to the broiler grower (22% protein) or pullet grower (18% protein). I'll probably keep mine on starter until they reach pol (point of lay) since my feed store doesn't carry the pullet grower.

Shirley here-- live in cheeks Texas!!! I have 14 chicks about 6 wks old! Love my babies!
Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I have a Murray McMurray Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster that I'd like to get rid of. There is a Hamburg thread on this site if you would like to know more about the breed.

Zebra is a good roo and was my "surprise" chick in my order last August. He is quite the gentleman with the ladies by giving them his treats before he eats himself. He is about 4 pounds. I would prefer if he went to someone with actual poultry experience and where he can free range a good part of the day because that is what he is used to.

If anyone is interested in coming south of Elgin (25 miles from downtown Austin), then PM me.

Thanks!

I have a Murray McMurray Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster that I'd like to get rid of. There is a Hamburg thread on this site if you would like to know more about the breed.

Zebra is a good roo and was my "surprise" chick in my order last August. He is quite the gentleman with the ladies by giving them his treats before he eats himself. He is about 4 pounds. I would prefer if he went to someone with actual poultry experience and where he can free range a good part of the day because that is what he is used to.

If anyone is interested in coming south of Elgin (25 miles from downtown Austin), then PM me.

Thanks!

That is one gorgeous Roo!!

I have a Murray McMurray Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster that I'd like to get rid of. There is a Hamburg thread on this site if you would like to know more about the breed. Zebra is a good roo and was my "surprise" chick in my order last August. He is quite the gentleman with the ladies by giving them his treats before he eats himself. He is about 4 pounds. I would prefer if he went to someone with actual poultry experience and where he can free range a good part of the day because that is what he is used to. If anyone is interested in coming south of Elgin (25 miles from downtown Austin), then PM me. Thanks!
He's handsome! I'm too far, and probably dont have enough "experience" ;) ,but I hope he finds a great home! My girls will be 18 weeks on Monday! They're so big! And my foster chicks are now pretty much free ranging all day! However, for some reason, they just didnt get to go out yesterday. I think there was a reason for that, even though I had no idea at the time. Turns out the cat( or dog) killed a 3-4' rat snake and left it hanging in the tree

Thanks! He has really BIG eyes that suck you in! :D

Yeah, they're almost "spooky"!! LOL I wish I could take him, but not ready for roos yet!! Just now getting my girls settled in. Planning on building a brooder, when I do, I will start breeding and hatching the natural way. Need to learn more!!

I have a Murray McMurray Silver Spangled Hamburg rooster that I'd like to get rid of. There is a Hamburg thread on this site if you would like to know more about the breed. Zebra is a good roo and was my "surprise" chick in my order last August. He is quite the gentleman with the ladies by giving them his treats before he eats himself. He is about 4 pounds. I would prefer if he went to someone with actual poultry experience and where he can free range a good part of the day because that is what he is used to. If anyone is interested in coming south of Elgin (25 miles from downtown Austin), then PM me. Thanks!
He's stunning!! But I can't have Roos.

Back
Top Bottom