Texas

Ouch! I love table saws and started using them when I was going up helping out my dad. I find making stright cuts was easier with one, but I think I'm going to have to make do with my circular saw
sad.png
I was trying to upcycle some old fencing wood but that just isn't going to be worth it. Now I have to buy plywood which will be easier to work with but is going to cost me since it's not free.

yeah i have to go return some particle board tomarro i asked for ply wood and my ma bought home particle board i can't use that outside it would be dead wood in under 5 years

Yeah, mine has a laser guide, but 2 cuts and it's clogged with sawdust. I took wood shop and general mechanics in high school, I have used nearly every tool out there, including a mig welder. The tools that have tables and platforms feel safer (to me) to use as long as you pay attention. But the large tools that move, well it's a good way to cut your leg off. I am actually wanting to get a few more tools, but the hubby is next and he wants air tools so he can work on the cars, so I gotta wait for my turn again, lol.

lols yeah i use all my dad's and grandpa's old tools but i would love a new table saw the ones at the store are so pretty
love.gif

Went out to water the chickens to find that my 5 EE in the small coop gone. Nothing but feathers left I guess a raccoon got the roof up and got inside. No blood or anything else around inside or outside the coop. Just lots of feathers. I knew I should have put a latch on the roof but thought its over 2ft off the ground and not very light in weight so never thought a coon could get in. So now the only bantams I have are my silkies. Going to put latch and d rings on everything plus buy me a live trap and see what I get.

Well my heart goes out to you! So very sorry!!

Goldie (in back) & Olive (in front)...two of my Easter Eggers. Goldie is squatting for me, but Olive is not. No eggs from them...yet.
tongue.png

Shed, my third Easter Egger. She's squatting too, but still no eggs...yet.
tongue.png

Thank you for responding. I live in McKinney, TX, but would like to move to the Hill Country. My daughter lives in Round Rock. I have looked around a lot, and my first question is always about permission to have chickens, ducks and a pot-bellied pig. Some people think that I am joking, so I have to let them know that I am definitely not. It is probably a request to most realtors do not get.

I would love to know the easiest way to go about finding property that allows barn animals. I am not from Texas, so it is difficult for me to navigate. I found one home in Austin that already had backyard chickens, but the price was a little too high. The realtor said that parts of Austin allow for chickens, but I never heard back from him again. I think that I just need more information, so I know where to search. I have wanted to have chickens for years and I hope my dream will come true.

claudia

I don't use gloves, the gloves make handling the bird hard due to slippage. I am the one that puts the bird in our killing cone, and sometimes I have to hold the legs if the bird is very fat and don't fit right in the cone. (it's a milk jug, so not the best but very affordable, lol) I got no problem touching my cull birds, I think it's more that after working for that company, killing all those mice, goats, and pigs, I just have a hard time with killing now. I know my chickens aren't tortured and experimented on, that they have good lives and will put down as easily as possible, but I just struggle. Instead of giving me thicker skin, seeing those friendly faces before, and during the experiments just made me sick. And knowing that after all that pain they were killed regardless of if they healed or not, so sad. I remember 1 goat, a little girl came up and pick pockets us as we were setting up her stuff. The next time I saw her she had broken legs infected with bacteria, and she still tried to get up for scratches and love. Then she was dead, and it changed a lot of things for me.

Anyway, I'll work through it. I know I can do it, done it before and I can and will do it again.
Our above ground pool is a no bird zone, can't have them pooping in my kids pool. But they have 4 kiddie pools and I want to install a pond for them. Am looking into pond set ups, filtration, and trying to design a ecosystem that helps reduce all the poop they are gonna drop in there. Lol.

that sucks you would think with the billions of dollars going into the medical industry that we would have come up with a better methods for experimentation. But that is the dilemma for the pool i really am the only one who swims in it but i want a filtration system that will take out the duck poo etc and still keep the water clean i know it's a tall order but it would be so cool if it works
fl.gif

Thank you for responding. I live in McKinney, TX, but would like to move to the Hill Country. My daughter lives in Round Rock. I have looked around a lot, and my first question is always about permission to have chickens, ducks and a pot-bellied pig. Some people think that I am joking, so I have to let them know that I am definitely not. It is probably a request to most realtors do not get.

I would love to know the easiest way to go about finding property that allows barn animals. I am not from Texas, so it is difficult for me to navigate. I found one home in Austin that already had backyard chickens, but the price was a little too high. The realtor said that parts of Austin allow for chickens, but I never heard back from him again. I think that I just need more information, so I know where to search. I have wanted to have chickens for years and I hope my dream will come true.

claudia

well first
welcome-byc.gif
and second their is a tab on this site with local laws for each county and state so you can be in the know before you make plans. Just make sure that you double check with the person selling the house as some people for some reason think that "farm" animals don't belong.

I don't use gloves, the gloves make handling the bird hard due to slippage. I am the one that puts the bird in our killing cone, and sometimes I have to hold the legs if the bird is very fat and don't fit right in the cone. (it's a milk jug, so not the best but very affordable, lol) I got no problem touching my cull birds, I think it's more that after working for that company, killing all those mice, goats, and pigs, I just have a hard time with killing now. I know my chickens aren't tortured and experimented on, that they have good lives and will put down as easily as possible, but I just struggle. Instead of giving me thicker skin, seeing those friendly faces before, and during the experiments just made me sick. And knowing that after all that pain they were killed regardless of if they healed or not, so sad. I remember 1 goat, a little girl came up and pick pockets us as we were setting up her stuff. The next time I saw her she had broken legs infected with bacteria, and she still tried to get up for scratches and love. Then she was dead, and it changed a lot of things for me.

Anyway, I'll work through it. I know I can do it, done it before and I can and will do it again.
Our above ground pool is a no bird zone, can't have them pooping in my kids pool. But they have 4 kiddie pools and I want to install a pond for them. Am looking into pond set ups, filtration, and trying to design a ecosystem that helps reduce all the poop they are gonna drop in there. Lol.

really? i have never had an issue with slippage? Did the ones you use have the grainy part on the inner palms?

Back
Top Bottom