Texas

Quote: I'm in city limits w/ close neighbors so a rooster is out of the question. I went home at lunch to check on the girls and everyone is relaxed and at ease for the moment. I'll at least keep the EE's seperated long enough for them to heal but I may end up keeping them in there permanently. They can work my raised garden beds for me.

Are there any Central Texas peeps here that are gardeners? I'm an absolute newbie about to start building raised beds with sheet mulching and was wondering if it's too late to get a fall planting in? If not, what are good veggies to get planted for our climate? If I'm too late, I guess the beds will be ready for Spring...

Hey there I'm in a town called wylie just a bit east of dallas I actually just started my first garden today. Planted different types of lettus , cabbage, onion and garlic. My first time having anything so wish me luck!

Hey there I'm in a town called wylie just a bit east of dallas I actually just started my first garden today. Planted different types of lettus , cabbage, onion and garlic. My first time having anything so wish me luck!
Aq

Very nice! Hope it produces well! Keep us posted with progress... I built a 4x8 bed today but didn't get it planted yet.

Bootsy (the one on the left) squatted for me this afternoon. Looking forward to getting lovely dark brown eggs from her soon. WooHoo!
celebrate.gif
Gorgeous girls!

Looks great!

I MAY be getting some Russian Orloff eggs for my broody Silkie!
wee.gif

Was going to get some Silkie eggs from a lady closer, but I didn't hear back from her in time yesterday, and they're going on lockdown today.

Has anyone ever used hay /straw square bales for planting before ? I was reading up on it and it seems to be a very easy way to have a garden. Thinking of setting a few rows up for spring.

Back
Top Bottom