Texas

Hello all an update on my 1st hatch in my home made incubator. It holds 60 eggs and out of the 60 eggs 41 chicks hatched. I post them on my facebook page and they all sold so fast they was still hatching the last few. I ended up with 3 easter eggers left. I just set 60 more eggs Monday but most of these are ether sold or for my on stock. I will have some chicks left out of the ones for me after they all grow some so I am sure they are hens or roosters. I have 23 easteregger eggs but I have 12 sold already so what ever is left when done will be up for sell. I also have 12 Americana's for me. I am looking to get 1 rooster to go with my hens. I will have the hens for sell as soon as I know which ok e I am keeping. There is also 25 Aricana eggs that I am looking to get 10 BBR tuft hens from. All others will be sold. Here is my farm page on facebook if interested like my page I post what's for sell there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones-Farm/620216548090387

Looking good Harley!!

Hello all an update on my 1st hatch in my home made incubator. It holds 60 eggs and out of the 60 eggs 41 chicks hatched. I post them on my facebook page and they all sold so fast they was still hatching the last few. I ended up with 3 easter eggers left. I just set 60 more eggs Monday but most of these are ether sold or for my on stock. I will have some chicks left out of the ones for me after they all grow some so I am sure they are hens or roosters. I have 23 easteregger eggs but I have 12 sold already so what ever is left when done will be up for sell. I also have 12 Americana's for me. I am looking to get 1 rooster to go with my hens. I will have the hens for sell as soon as I know which ok e I am keeping. There is also 25 Aricana eggs that I am looking to get 10 BBR tuft hens from. All others will be sold. Here is my farm page on facebook if interested like my page I post what's for sell there. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones-Farm/620216548090387
Good luck with the Araucana! I've heard that tuft gene makes them hard to hatch, because if they get 2 copies it kills them in the shell.
Keep us in the loop!
I'd drive to Tyler for some Araucanas Lol

Good luck with the Araucana! I've heard that tuft gene makes them hard to hatch, because if they get 2 copies it kills them in the shell.
Keep us in the loop!
I'd drive to Tyler for some Araucanas Lol

Yes the tuft is a problem to watch out for. It's just like the frizzles. You have to bred tuft to clean face to keep them from getting the double gen. Like the frizzle you breed frizzle to smooth to keep from getting frazzle. I am hope to getting 10 tuft black breast reds tuft hens. I have about 18 of those eggs in there. The breeder I got them from runs 4 pens of different colors. She has the BBR in one pen , DW Silver/gold in one pen , Red /Blues in one pen ,and Whites in another. If I get what I am looking to get I will be looking for a clean face BBR rooster. There is another woman that has Whites , black ,splash , and blues here close to me just west of Tyler. I got a mix of colors in the eggs. I have the 18 BBR , a few Red/Blues , a few DW and 1 white. Plan is to work on the BBR cause that's wha I have the most of that is not mixed pens other then the white. I just don't care for all white birds. I will let you know what hatches out. What color hen would you be interested in. I know you would not be looking for a rooster lol.

Yes the tuft is a problem to watch out for. It's just like the frizzles. You have to bred tuft to clean face to keep them from getting the double gen. Like the frizzle you breed frizzle to smooth to keep from getting frazzle. I am hope to getting 10 tuft black breast reds tuft hens. I have about 18 of those eggs in there. The breeder I got them from runs 4 pens of different colors. She has the BBR in one pen , DW Silver/gold in one pen , Red /Blues in one pen ,and Whites in another. If I get what I am looking to get I will be looking for a clean face BBR rooster. There is another woman that has Whites , black ,splash , and blues here close to me just west of Tyler. I got a mix of colors in the eggs. I have the 18 BBR , a few Red/Blues , a few DW and 1 white. Plan is to work on the BBR cause that's wha I have the most of that is not mixed pens other then the white. I just don't care for all white birds. I will let you know what hatches out. What color hen would you be interested in. I know you would not be looking for a rooster lol.
I am struggling to keep the one little Roo that I have!
I'm going to be working on Russian Orloffs and I have one boy. I'll keep him inside if I have to, to keep him! lol
I'm hoping to move next September to somewhere more lenient.

I am a sucker for silver duckwing...it's one of my favorite colorings. But to be honest, I'd take any coloring, to get a feel for the breed

I am struggling to keep the one little Roo that I have!
I'm going to be working on Russian Orloffs and I have one boy. I'll keep him inside if I have to, to keep him! lol
I'm hoping to move next September to somewhere more lenient.

I am a sucker for silver duckwing...it's one of my favorite colorings. But to be honest, I'd take any coloring, to get a feel for the breed 

Alright how many would you like 1 or 2 ? I will mark you for the DW. I will take pics of them and post them for you to decide which ones you want. To make sure they are hens I will be holding all of the breed until they are big enough to tell. I do wing sex the chicks but it's not 100% so I will keep you posted. I will be driving to Greenville some time around March to pick up some Isbar eggs. They should be old enough then.i will brng which one or ones you want from th pics to you as a late Christmas present. If you have facebook if you want to keep up with what's going on around here like my page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones-Farm/620216548090387

Last edited:
Alright how many would you like 1 or 2 ? I will mark you for the DW. I will take pics of them and post them for you to decide which ones you want. To make sure they are hens I will be holding all of the breed until they are big enough to tell. I do wing sex the chicks but it's not 100% so I will keep you posted. I will be driving to Greenville some time around March to pick up some Isbar eggs. They should be old enough then.i will brng which one or ones you want from th pics to you as a late Christmas present. If you have facebook if you want to keep up with what's going on around here like my page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jones-Farm/620216548090387
Oh gosh, I'm so excited! 2 would probably be best, if you're able. Whenever I have 1 of something, it ALWAYS gets picked on lol

I am so eggcited. Princess laid her first egg since recovering from a hard molt. Yea!!!!!!!
And Miss Priss laid an egg too. She must not be done. Just slowing down like me.

Last edited:
Quote:
Woooooo!!!! I wish my girls would hurry up and start laying again. My yard birds say they're done for the season, to much unpredictable weather. My quail are the only things laying right now, and they went from laying tons and tons of eggs to laying two or three a day. Today I only got one egg from both pens. We got our coops all wrapped up and wind blocked with the hopes no one freezes tonight or in the next few days. These birds are Texans, they're not used to this kind of weather!! Haha! Horses are blanketed, chicks have extra heat lamps, quail are tucked away against the side of the house where the wind doesn't blow... all dogs in the house. All. Of. Them. There's seven dogs in my tiny little 600 sqft house tonight. Hey, at least they're warm. Going to be chizzeling my way into the water troughs in the morning so the four legged critters can drink. Made sure to top off everything that holds water in case the pipes freeze over. Anyone else getting insane weather this weekend? Heck, we might even get SNOW it says. I'm not looking forward to that, we're supposed to be dropping trees this weekend but that may have been postponed if weather stays crazy like it's supposed to. This cold has put a damper in all the activities I've had planned for upcoming days off. If it rains again, I STILL can't set posts for my new breeder pens and the birds will be moving in soon. Grr. May have to ask the breeder to keep the turkey for a while longer, or grab some panels and put them in a hoop coop. Decisions decisions.

Back
Top Bottom