Texas

yes please use a wading pool, because I got 25 and used a turtle shaped sandbox and by last week they had to be out, they got waay to big for a tiny little space like that lol.

That was my point - I've heard that the ecoglo brooder wasn't as good on heat in a cold environment. I wanted to try that instead of the lamp.

I don't know about the Ecoglo, but I have a Premier heat plate and love it. Used it last year with my first batch of chicks. I set the brooder up on my husbands shop. It is not heated or insulated, but does close completely up, so no wind. The outside temp at night would get down to around 22, and the temp in the shop would get to 29. I never used any other heat source. I kept the chicks in the shop for two weeks, then moved them out to the brooder I have built in the coop. I think the Premier is able to handle lower temps than the Ecoglo, at least from what I've read. I plan on using it again this year when I get a few more chicks.

Henless i will be putting some blue copper Marans in my incubator at the end of this month. Right now I have 23 EE , 12 Americanas , and 25 Aricanas in the incubator. Just set them Monday. I am working on my Americana's to get true breed. I have 4 true breed hens and my roo i am not sure about him so I am hatching 12 blue eggs that I got from a woman to get me a new roo. I will have what is left over to sell. I am also starting on Ari Aricanas so I should have left overs there also. Next the blue Marans I will have 2 doz eggs and only looking to keep around 10 hens from those so if you want some let me know.

Let me know how it goes. I may be interested in some of them. Will you be hatching any colored Orps? I really want a few of those this year. I prefer the heritage over the hatchery since I'm thinking about trying to get a roo for my hens.

Hi all! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I have been busy, my boys are in athletics and played football and soccer.

My dogs are all in training, Dawn and Phantom got their Canine Good Citizen, woohoo! Dawn starts competition level agility training this year and Phantom will enter some conformation dog shows in March. There is a San Antonio show on March 7/8 that we will attend, and We will be in Dallas March 14/15 for the Siberian Husky Club show being held there. Rascal is working towards his CGC and doing competition level obedience. Sasha, Dawn, Phantom, and Rascal are all still on the demo team and I am assistant trainer now. We got a new puppy, her grandad was the number 1 Siberian Husky in the USA for 3 years, so she has excellent bloodlines. Her name is Angel, but she is a demon child and troublemaker, lol. Here is a picture of Angel on the grooming table for the very first time!

My chickens ducks and geese are still laying, though they have slowed down. Many people have request goslings and Cayuga ducklings so I put some eggs in the bator last night. It's my first attempt hatching anything so I'm praying for success.

I finally found a home for Fiona the rottie and it's perfect! She has 3 girls to play with from ages 3 to 14, 2 cats, and the husband says his wife treats the dog better than she treats him, lol! I now have 2 rescued, spayed female cats that need homes

Last edited:
Heading to the auction today in Athens to see what they have. Not planing on picking anything up but who knows what they bring in. With it being cold not sure how many chickens show up for sell. With my bator being full for the next 2 weeks I can not get any eggs this time. I have 2 doz Blue Copper Maran eggs coming in 2 weeks. Out of this I am only keeping no more then 10 hens. I am looking for another doz so I can get a rooster from a different blood line. If anyone has Blue Copper Maran eggs in 2 weeks let me know.

My dogs are all in training, Dawn and Phantom got their Canine Good Citizen, woohoo! Dawn starts competition level agility training this year and Phantom will enter some conformation dog shows in March. There is a San Antonio show on March 7/8 that we will attend, and We will be in Dallas March 14/15 for the Siberian Husky Club show being held there. Rascal is working towards his CGC and doing competition level obedience. Sasha, Dawn, Phantom, and Rascal are all still on the demo team and I am assistant trainer now. We got a new puppy, her grandad was the number 1 Siberian Husky in the USA for 3 years, so she has excellent bloodlines. Her name is Angel, but she is a demon child and troublemaker, lol. Here is a picture of Angel on the grooming table for the very first time!

My chickens ducks and geese are still laying, though they have slowed down. Many people have request goslings and Cayuga ducklings so I put some eggs in the bator last night. It's my first attempt hatching anything so I'm praying for success.

I finally found a home for Fiona the rottie and it's perfect! She has 3 girls to play with from ages 3 to 14, 2 cats, and the husband says his wife treats the dog better than she treats him, lol! I now have 2 rescued, spayed female cats that need homes

Good to hear from you! Sounds like you have been very busy. Congrats on the success with your dogs. You can be proud of all your hard work with them.
Beautiful puppy, I know she is a handful right now.

Angel is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom