Texas

Lots of posts today!!! Heloooo everyone.

So far we have survived without freezing much other than garden hoses... Although it seems everyone in the yard is mid moult. Feathers and ugly half naked birds in every pen.

Only things laying are the quail. I'd kill for three eggs a day! Lol! Hurry up spring ..

your ratio is better than mine - I am getting MAYBE one out of thirteen hens...
roll.png
I too have about 35 hens....today I got 4 eggs....and I still have molting going on too! The good news being 4 is up from the zero I was getting daily, about 10 days ago.

Hello Everyone:

I am located in East Texas near Lufkin. Was wondering if there were any breeders of Salmon Faverolles in Texas.....any that might on this thread ? I am interested in both the Large Fowl and the Bantams in the Salmon.....preferably chicks, juveniles or adults rather than hatching eggs. I do show poultry so they wouild need to be close to their ABA Standard. PM me if you have anything or know of someone who might. Thanks so much.

Peggy

Hi all! Hope you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

I have been busy, my boys are in athletics and played football and soccer.

My dogs are all in training, Dawn and Phantom got their Canine Good Citizen, woohoo! Dawn starts competition level agility training this year and Phantom will enter some conformation dog shows in March. There is a San Antonio show on March 7/8 that we will attend, and We will be in Dallas March 14/15 for the Siberian Husky Club show being held there. Rascal is working towards his CGC and doing competition level obedience. Sasha, Dawn, Phantom, and Rascal are all still on the demo team and I am assistant trainer now. We got a new puppy, her grandad was the number 1 Siberian Husky in the USA for 3 years, so she has excellent bloodlines. Her name is Angel, but she is a demon child and troublemaker, lol. Here is a picture of Angel on the grooming table for the very first time!

My chickens ducks and geese are still laying, though they have slowed down. Many people have request goslings and Cayuga ducklings so I put some eggs in the bator last night. It's my first attempt hatching anything so I'm praying for success.

I finally found a home for Fiona the rottie and it's perfect! She has 3 girls to play with from ages 3 to 14, 2 cats, and the husband says his wife treats the dog better than she treats him, lol! I now have 2 rescued, spayed female cats that need homes

Super cute! Congrats on the CGC.
It is such a joyous time when the hens begin laying again.
Pic of my beautiful girls.

I can't wait for my ducks to start laying. I bet it's a great surprise to find eggs. I'm trying to get my husband on board with 2 or so chickens but I don't know if it will work. I love my ducks and want more.
Howdy!!! Joined BYC in December and have loved every minute of it. I live in Garwood - 20 minutes north of El Campo.

Welcome from Round Rock!

Last edited:
Super cute! Congrats on the CGC.
Welcome from Round Rock!

Thanks!

We almost didn't get it, I put Dawn and Phantom through CGC together, as I have crates at the training center now. I worked the down stay super hard because that is very difficult for Siberians to do! They did it beautifully, I thought the worst was over and then they blew the recall! They have never had a bad recall, they think coming to me is the greatest because they get chicken jerky and scratches! But Dawn rocketed towards me and nearly knocked me flying with a sucker punch to my gut, and Phantom just went past me to go smell the fences! Luckily, that was the only test they blew and our evaluator was able to retest us that same night. He gave us 10 minutes to recover our composure and they did a good recall on our second try.

Back
Top Bottom