Texas

I was looking at pictures from Thanksgiving and had to share this one of our niece, I think it's one of my favorite pictures. She's 20 months old here and really loved helping collect eggs. She ended up breaking all of them but it was worth it.
big_smile.png

Last edited:
I'm quite proud of him. If he wasn't so old I would show him but he has no chance against younger birds.

How do you trim spurs? Abraham, our 2 year old roo has got some serious spurs...at least two inches and getting hard points. I think he is starting to hurt his ladies some. Plus he doesn't like me and has been know to be a stinker! Trimming his spurs would be good. I read someplace about using a potato???

How do you trim spurs? Abraham, our 2 year old roo has got some serious spurs...at least two inches and getting hard points. I think he is starting to hurt his ladies some. Plus he doesn't like me and has been know to be a stinker! Trimming his spurs would be good. I read someplace about using a potato???
We use dog nail trimmers. Can't trim very much because the quick on birds comes out pretty far and they will bleed like stuck pigs if you hit the quick, but we do both the spurs and nails on our cocks.

Glory be!!! There's this awesome orb in the sky this morning!!! Haven't seen it in over a week. I think my chickens are dancing!!!
Things are looking up too. We got 9 eggs three days in a row instead of 5 or 6. Way to go ladies!!!

Last edited:
We use dog nail trimmers.  Can't trim very much because the quick on birds comes out pretty far and they will bleed like stuck pigs if you hit the quick, but we do both the spurs and nails on our cocks.

Yes, I had read about that and so have been afraid to do it. I have one of those pedipaw things which is useless on my big dogs...might just work for a roo. Got to try something before my ladies suffer more damage...thanks for the input.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom