Texas

I will certainly ask. Just had an appointment today so I will have to wait another month. We upped some meds, dropped a few. Going to check out something with one of my hands that seems off. The rest is just brain injury and waiting on it to heal. I wish it would hurry. I hate how slow (read feeling like I am a drunk fool) I get towards the evening.

So the flood took out my grow out pen so all the babies are in the house. Goat and chicks! My living room could double for a miniature barn. Lol! And more rain to come! Arg!!!

I think I heard a happy rumor that the arrow feed is getting their chicks either the 16th ot 17th. But I could be mixed up. I hope I'm not because I am soooo excited! I have been waiting for my little easter eggers! So a barnyard my living room will remain! :)

My bantam pullet started acting odd last week. I thought maybe she broke a leg so I put her on lock down by herself but now it looks like she just can't control her legs right. I'm going to try to post a video to see if anyone can tell me what might be going on. She is eating and drinking but she just isn't moving right at all. She is still bright and alert and so sweet.

ETA I posted a video over in the emergencies, diseases and (forgot the other part) forum. Hopefully someone over there will know what to do for the poor little girl.
If your GP hasn't heard of it, ask them to refer you to a decent nephrologist (A specific part of the kidney) they will know what spironolactone is.

One of my two SLW girls has had loose stool for a few days but was eating/drinking normally and was active. Yesterday, her rear was messy...no worms, no blood, no discharge, just diarrhea, so looked like vent gleet. Her comb was droopy and she was lethargic. I gave her (and the rest of the flock) some plain yogurt and added ACV to their water. Last night, she went to roost like normal. Went out this morning and she was dead. No crop issues, she wasn't eggbound but wasn't as heavy as she should have been. All my other girls are fine. Thoughts? Suggestions? Pretty bummed.
hmm.png

Had the exact same thing happen to two of my hens about two weeks apart about three months ago.. Did a necropsy on the second one, and other than a bit of inflamed liver, didn't resolve anything. Thought for sure I would see a massive infection in the oviduct, but nope. Am at a complete loss for an explanation. Was the discharge white/creamy looking?

Had the exact same thing happen to two of my hens about two weeks apart about three months ago.. Did a necropsy on the second one, and other than a bit of inflamed liver, didn't resolve anything. Thought for sure I would see a massive infection in the oviduct, but nope. Am at a complete loss for an explanation. Was the discharge white/creamy looking?
The mess in her feathers below her vent looked like melted peanut butter in color and consistency. Not white at all. Gross, but the best way I can describe it.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where I can find Sebastopol geese and Muscovy ducklings in the San Antonio or Conroe area? I've been looking with people I know but I figured zoning in on Texas would be the best option.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Does anyone know where I can find Sebastopol geese and Muscovy ducklings in the San Antonio or Conroe area? I've been looking with people I know but I figured zoning in on Texas would be the best option.

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it!

Hi!
I regularly do searches for ducks and geese in my area. Hope this helps: http://austin.craigslist.org/search/gra?query=geese
Sometimes a person near Dripping Springs has amazingly priced ones:)

welcome-byc.gif
From Cut-N-Shoot!!!!
I had a nice experience meeting you the other day, Ken. Also, I wanted to put a shout out in the Texas forums for getting me out of a bind with the coop. The kids are excited about it. I am excited to get them out the brooder box, so I can mount the brooder bottle caps and get ready for Taylor Hobby to send those 22 chicks over.

I had a nice experience meeting you the other day, Ken. Also, I wanted to put a shout out in the Texas forums for getting me out of a bind with the coop. The kids are excited about it. I am excited to get them out the brooder box, so I can mount the brooder bottle caps and get ready for Taylor Hobby to send those 22 chicks over.

I know you mean getting the chicks out of the brooder, but it sounded like you had the kids in the brooder.
lau.gif

Just kidding. I really enjoyed meeting your family, and wish we could have spent more time together. I am hoping we can stay in touch and become friends.

There is 1 requirement to becoming friends, you have to dance online (BYC).

Back
Top Bottom