Texas

Ken, I have a ton of Easter eggers. Come pick one! They're about the same age.

Hey, Kate. Hope y'all had a great holiday weekend!! We did. I, more than likely, will take you up on your offer. My wife and I are talking about it and will make a decision really soon. May be coming to your place in the next couple of days. Will let you know. Thanks!!

Hey, Kate. Hope y'all had a great holiday weekend!! We did. I, more than likely, will take you up on your offer. My wife and I are talking about it and will make a decision really soon. May be coming to your place in the next couple of days. Will let you know. Thanks!!

All right! Ive got mu nephews all week so will likely be home all day most days. Let me know ahead of time what you decide. Wednesday I'll be in Houston all day.

I can't wait to start hatching. Planning on building an incubator instead of buying one. Going to be doing some crosses to get sex links. Plan on giving some of the eggs to a friend so that she can do a homeschool hatch with her kiddos. Just have to figure out a way to keep the eggs at the right temperature while I am collecting enough of them to take to her. I don't want to turn the ac down to 65 or lower. I'm thinking a wine refrigerator with temp control.
big_smile.png
Maybe dual zone, just a small one - it would give me an excuse to keep a couple of bottles on hand. Of course confusing people that see an egg carton in with the wine will be amusing too.

Good idea!

The more research I do, the crazier the ideas I have. Keep refining the incubator idea and making it more complicated. Maybe I would be better off just buying a small one to start with. But we want to get Emus and Rheas eventually, so having one large enough to hatch those is a must.

Good idea!

The more research I do, the crazier the ideas I have. Keep refining the incubator idea and making it more complicated. Maybe I would be better off just buying a small one to start with. But we want to get Emus and Rheas eventually, so having one large enough to hatch those is a must.
My sister and her husband have Emus and they brood naturally. The use horse stalls in a barn for their birds to nest in.

I'm sorry...but for some reason I can't help but think of my best friend right now....

Sooooo..let's rewind to the 80's.....and my best friend Tony....

He was a black man and a funnny guy....and very gregarious....he would start a conversation with anyone on the street.....

I lost touch with Tony for many years.....and finally saw him a few years back....we got back together for a short while.....

I don't know if he's alive or dead....but I miss him....and..I missed him for many years while he was feeling sorry for himself.....and concentrating on dying instead of living.....

So...let's live while we can....

Memories. Fun. I hope he is alive and living the best life ever.

Back
Top Bottom