Texas

I wonder what peacock tastes like?  If it did that to me, I think I would find out.

LOL, that's a guys way of resolving the problem. My husband feels the same way. There is a youtube video on preparing peacock meat. It's sold on some exotic food site for a lot....very expensive. I'd think a 5 year old might be on the tough side but guess it depends on how it cooked. Sorry RoosterCogburn7 but I don't intend for him to meet his demise by ending up on the dinner table, LOL!!! I could change my mind if this pain doesn't subside soon.

Just checking in here. We've been crazy busy the last few weeks. Lots of chicks on the ground, lots of broody hens.

We also suffered the loss of our beloved cat Ko-T yesterday. She was a good cat. Not entirely sure what happened. We got home and she was dead in her spot. She was alive and well when we left yesterday for work.

Had her almost four years. Got her aftery great grandmother passed. She was a good cat.

Just checking in here. We've been crazy busy the last few weeks. Lots of chicks on the ground, lots of broody hens.

We also suffered the loss of our beloved cat Ko-T yesterday. She was a good cat. Not entirely sure what happened. We got home and she was dead in her spot. She was alive and well when we left yesterday for work.

Had her almost four years. Got her aftery great grandmother passed. She was a good cat.
sad.png
looks like she was a cutie pie.

LOL, that's a guys way of resolving the problem. My husband feels the same way. There is a youtube video on preparing peacock meat. It's sold on some exotic food site for a lot....very expensive. I'd think a 5 year old might be on the tough side but guess it depends on how it cooked. Sorry RoosterCogburn7 but I don't intend for him to meet his demise by ending up on the dinner table, LOL!!! I could change my mind if this pain doesn't subside soon.

Grown peacocks go for a lot of $$$$.

Hi all, haven't been able to get on much anymore. Have missed everyone. Have 541 unread posts. Just no time, maybe this winter. We are up to 60 chickens now. Have 3 pens and another on the drawing board. Probably will give up my garden area, move it, and make it another chicken yard.the cochins are now 5 months old so looking for eggs soon. the rest of the new flock of 26 are only 3 months old, so will be awhile yet. Anyway they keep us busy.

Here's my problem...(already posted it on the disease page) thought I'd check with you all too.

Ladybird is a PR, about 3 yrs old. She is having, pale yellow, slightly foamy poo. She is mostly standing in place, not eating or drinking without being forced. Her crop feels empty, I feel nothing hard like an egg in her abdomen but it feels pretty firm and plump, even bloated toward the back of her belly. Her tail is up and she isn't pushing like trying to lay. I don't know for sure if she is laying at all. Been giving her ACV water by dipping her beak and she ate a few bits of bread this morning other wise refusing anything. I went to the poo page and really didn't see what I'm seeing. I've never wormed my chickens. Thank you for any information and help. Magpie

Your girl's eggs are the best.

And two eggs today! One small brown one, one smaller brown one with darker brown speckles. I work away from home all day, so while I have a suspicion who's laying the regular brown ones, I have no idea who the speckled one belongs to. Maybe I can catch them in the nesting boxes this weekend. Can't wait to have eggs for breakfast on Saturday. I want to run home and check every 10 minutes
1f600.png

And two eggs today! One small brown one, one smaller brown one with darker brown speckles. I work away from home all day, so while I have a suspicion who's laying the regular brown ones, I have no idea who the speckled one belongs to. Maybe I can catch them in the nesting boxes this weekend. Can't wait to have eggs for breakfast on Saturday. I want to run home and check every 10 minutes
1f600.png

It is nice having fresh eggs. I had to buy some today. I am waiting on two young cream legbar pullets to begin to lay. I have never had a breed that lays blue eggs. If it's not a pretty blue they will be rehomed and I will get more of my favorite breed, Buff Orpingtons

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom