Texas

They were shipped eggs too, so even more difficult. Then none of the chicken eggs I set made it.

The brood mates arrived yesterday. The littlest one did not make it through the night. Still have 10 left plus Ducky, and they are getting along fine.

I'll bet they are all adorable! You now have a duchicken.

They were shipped eggs too, so even more difficult. Then none of the chicken eggs I set made it.

The brood mates arrived yesterday. The littlest one did not make it through the night. Still have 10 left plus Ducky, and they are getting along fine.

O wow yes. Shipped duck eggs have done much better for me then shipped chicken. I'm wondering if there is reason to that
idunno.gif

So sorry to hear this littlest didn't make it. Happy to hear the others are getting along. Post pictures if you can
smile.png

Twas the night before Christmas and all through the coop not a chicken was laying and there was no mouse. No stockings were hung because slackers are naughty and Momma was in the kitchen cracking store bought eggs. LOL

MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone!

Last edited:
O wow yes. Shipped duck eggs have done much better for me then shipped chicken. I'm wondering if there is reason to that
idunno.gif

So sorry to hear this littlest didn't make it. Happy to hear the others are getting along. Post pictures if you can
smile.png
Hmm, that is something to look into. The chicken eggs came from my flock, I just managed to mess things up somehow. Learned a lot, will hopefully do better next time. Will try to post pictures later on in the day.

love.gif
aawwh so cute! how do you keep their brooder so clean?
Thanks. Well up until the point of that picture there had been only one. Now it is multiple changes of the paper towel layer daily, and I'm struggling to keep up. They are still trying to eat the wood shavings when I pick the towels up, so no leaving them on the bare shavings yet.

Back
Top Bottom