Texas

Hi folks
Haven't been on in forever. Hope everyone is well and had a great Christmas. We are doing great. Weird weather we are having, it was 82 degrees Christmas day. Going to be freezing tomorrow night. Our little Catalana hatched her own chick. Her dad was a sebright so she has a gold head and black and gold body feathers. She is now about 6weeks old and so cute.
We are finally getting some eggs from our clan of 19 which are now 7 months old. Getting some lovely blue-green from the Americauna. The cochins are now 9 months old and are in with the big group. We have 56 hens, 3 roos and 1 chick makes 60 birds. Have pics on my phone will try to get them onto this computer and put them up.
If I don't make it back...Happy and prosperous New Year to all.
Magpie

Hope everyone Had a wonderful Christmas!
I am looking for anyone near Fort Bend or Matagorda county that either wants to share a order from My Pet Chicken or already has Black Copper Maran pullets for sale.
Thing is, I really only want 2 or 3 , and usually the minimum order is 4 which would be fine with me, however this time of year it's 15 or more!! Way too many for me. And of course I want them now, not in 5 months!!
Thanks

Yep.. few of us from SA on here...

Love that I have local support. Do any of my local Texas peeps keep Clown faced Spanish?

Hi everyone - I am north of Houston just love it here - I raise Muscovy and have a few chickens too (Australorps ) 3 hens and 1 rooster

I have a couple Australorp girls. They are so sweet and calm. They are the only ones that will let my 2 year old niece walk up to them and let her pick them up.

Hope everyone Had a wonderful Christmas!
I am looking for anyone near Fort Bend or Matagorda county that either wants to share a order from My Pet Chicken or already has Black Copper Maran pullets for sale.
Thing is, I really only want 2 or 3 , and usually the minimum order is 4 which would be fine with me, however this time of year it's 15 or more!! Way too many for me. And of course I want them now, not in 5 months!!
Thanks
If you don't mind a drive check with Ideal Poultry, no minimum order if you pick up. Also their minimum order is a cost amount, not number of birds. If you go that route though you will probably end up with "packing peanuts" aka excess male chicks added for warmth during shipping.

Thanks. Well up until the point of that picture there had been only one. Now it is multiple changes of the paper towel layer daily, and I'm struggling to keep up. They are still trying to eat the wood shavings when I pick the towels up, so no leaving them on the bare shavings yet.
Mine try to eat the paper towels, lol.

Hi everyone - I am north of Houston just love it here - I raise Muscovy and have a few chickens too (Australorps ) 3 hens and 1 rooster
welcome-byc.gif
Be sure to check out the duck thread if you haven't already https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/737292/the-duck-thread

If you don't mind a drive check with Ideal Poultry, no minimum order if you pick up. Also their minimum order is a cost amount, not number of birds. If you go that route though you will probably end up with "packing peanuts" aka excess male chicks added for warmth during shipping.
EXCESS male chicks is putting it nicely, lol. We received SEVENTEEN excess males in our last order
barnie.gif

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom