Texas

Yay back on! Thank you Ren2014!!
wee.gif
You're welcome. Prayers it all goes well from here.

The above convo makes me wonder... What kind of contingency plan can one put in place to protect incubating eggs in the event of a power outage short of keeping a backup generator on hand? Glad your power was restored quickly, TherryChicken.

The above convo makes me wonder... What kind of contingency plan can one put in place to protect incubating eggs in the event of a power outage short of keeping a backup generator on hand? Glad your power was restored quickly, TherryChicken.

A back up generator would be a plus! We're were actually fixing to head out the door to meet Ren2014. The incubator was room temperature already and eggs were getting cold. They had a cool feeling to them. Not warmth

That is the heart of what Texans are. We take care of each other during disasters and FEMA usually has little to do unlike their 5 year camp out in LA.

Magnum OK had their rattlesnake roundup not too long ago. Ones I've been seeing at my other pasture are green tinted the past couple of years. I guess it's a Mojave rattlesnake. Neurological venom. Glad you got that booger.
Thank you, meeee too! Actually I can't take credit for this one, lol. My DH and brother in law got him
smile.png
I haven't seen a Mojave. We are probably too South for them. THANK God
big_smile.png
You be careful!

Quote:
You know, when we had that recent "tax free emergency preparedness weekend" a little while ago, I actually ended up getting a little solar powered generator from Lowes. (I figure if TSHTF, I won't have to line up at a gas station for solar power). Not big enough to run a whole household, of course, but could keep my freezer and fridge going, and recharge batteries and cell phone/other small electronics. And run an incubator.
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

You know, when we had that recent "tax free emergency preparedness weekend" a little while ago, I actually ended up getting a little solar powered generator from Lowes. (I figure if TSHTF, I won't have to line up at a gas station for solar power). Not big enough to run a whole household, of course, but could keep my freezer and fridge going, and recharge batteries and cell phone/other small electronics. And run an incubator. :D

- Ant Farm 

How pricey was it :/?

Back
Top Bottom