Texas

I'm in Startzville, Canyon Lake. I want some, but I can't get any. I don't have a car or money or a license. All my money goes to my phone bill and Animal Food. I really wanted ducks, but of course no car or money makes it hard to do any thing. Can you post pictures of the ducks, though, please? I at least want to see what they look like before someone else buys them.

Thank you but they weren't for sale just wanted a good home for them. I found a rescue lady nearby but thank you for your interrest. I hope you find some soon. They have such personality, so funny.

don't know if these work or not -- but you could give it a try and let us know.....
wink.png

http://www.instructables.com/id/Plastic-Bottle-Mosquito-Trap/

Not much to loose by trying. Get rid of all the standing water that isn't 'moving' that you can. For the rest -mosquito 'dunks' -- about $9.99 for a package of 6 -- in the garden centers or beside insecticides or in camping at WalMart - TSC has them too...and maybe even the big box stores....
http://www.thesurvivalistblog.net/homemade-mosquito-trap/
http://www.motherearthnews.com/diy/garden-yard/homemade-mosquito-trap-zm0z12jjzhun.aspx?PageId=2

and then there is this:
http://www.motherearthnews.com/natu...natural-mosquito-repellents-zm0z12jjzhun.aspx
Great information, thank you. Interesting how they all use a different recipe for their attractant. I'm definitley going to try it as well as plant some of the recommended plants. I'm going to sprinkle some basil in her house to see if that helps, lol.

Another Texan here.!!
welcome-byc.gif

Rooster and Riciroo, I have added you to my prayer list.
@RoosterCogburn7
@rickiroo

X2 thoughts and prayers
barnie.gif
Okay, who asked for rain????? We just got 1 3/4". It was extremely windy and the rain was coming down so hard you could not see outside. My poor husband's workshop now has another river running by it. I am really feeling sorry for the people who are flooded out. They were just allowed back into their homes to start cleaning up and we get this.
FOR REAL, geeesss I am certain it was @sasafras4u2 lol. I didn't think any was expected for us until the weekend. Sending prayers up for those flooded out.

Thank you but they weren't for sale just wanted a good home for them. I found a rescue lady nearby but thank you for your interrest. I hope you find some soon. They have such personality, so funny.
So glad to see you found homes for them. God bless you. Take care of yourself. Sending prayers up for you.

@TexasLisa trying to rain here lots of lightening.but we still need the rain. Hasnt flooded here yet.
ep.gif
PM us your address...maybe we can send the next round your way, LOL,,,, JJ of course. If I could, I would.

Another Texan here.!!

Welcome!

To the person who has chicks and ducks for sale, what kind?

To the person who I was talking to about the phoenix I have. Well he isn't a phoenix. I just saw the breed focus of the week and he is most assuredly a red shouldered yokohama. I tried to get a pic of him earlier but he wouldn't hold still for nothing. Not even a treat. Everything kept coming out blurry. Well his head at any rate. I'm going to catch him tomorrow when I move him to the new pen and get a pic then. So I'm not looking for phoenix chicks. I'm looking for red shouldered yokohama, wellsummer, and cuckoo marans. I did get some frizzles that don't look frizzled to me but I was trading them off for some pullets that I needed gone to make room for the next round. I'm going to start charging a more fair price for my pullets though. I think people thought that since I priced them so low they were of bad quality but my reds are nice. Good egg production, good meat production and fairly close to standard. They won't win shows but they will make your table happy.

@TexasLisa trying to rain here lots of lightening.but we still need the rain. Hasnt flooded here yet.

FOR REAL, geeesss I am certain it was @sasafras4u2 lol. I didn't think any was expected for us until the weekend. Sending prayers up for those flooded out.

ep.gif
PM us your address...maybe we can send the next round your way, LOL,,,, JJ of course. If I could, I would.

Sasafras, I have to agree with Ren2014. Let us know where you are located. I will try my best to get it to you. I know what it is like to not have rain, but be careful what you wish for.
wink.png

Welcome!

To the person who has chicks and ducks for sale, what kind?

To the person who I was talking to about the phoenix I have.  Well he isn't a phoenix.  I just saw the breed focus of the week and he is most assuredly a red shouldered yokohama.  I tried to get a pic of him earlier but he wouldn't hold still for nothing.  Not even a treat.  Everything kept coming out blurry.  Well his head at any rate.  I'm going to catch him tomorrow when I move him to the new pen and get a pic then.  So I'm not looking for phoenix chicks.  I'm looking for red shouldered yokohama, wellsummer, and cuckoo marans.  I did get some frizzles that don't look frizzled to me but I was trading them off for some pullets that I needed gone to make room for the next round.  I'm going to start charging a more fair price for my pullets though.  I think people thought that since I priced them so low they were of bad quality but my reds are nice.  Good egg production, good meat production and fairly close to standard.  They won't win shows but they will make your table happy.

Orpington crosses and muscovy

Hi y'all! New member here, living in beautiful Austin and just starting our first flock. We've got 4 speckled sussex, 1 buff orpington and 1 ameraucana (pretty sure she's actually an easter egger). glad to have a few dry days so we can get the coop finished!

hello from gatesville texas, we are just starting our chicken farm called ARLO's nursery. we are currently at 15 BR, 10 RIR, and 3 brunner roundheads. our first hatches will probably be sometime in january or february. we cant wait til we have eggs and chicks on a normal basis.

hello from gatesville texas, we are just starting our chicken farm called ARLO's nursery. we are currently at 15 BR, 10 RIR, and 3 brunner roundheads. our first hatches will probably be sometime in january or february. we cant wait til we have eggs and chicks on a normal basis. 
welcome aboard....you do know Arlo was afraid of the chickens ....right? Lol

Back
Top Bottom