Texas

Freeze it.
Thanks for the idea 'cause I thought of that....but not a lot of room in the freezer... If someone wanted I would freeze it to "hold it" but, otherwise -- a big dead snake taking up room -- so there could be emergency meat for when the zombie acopalypse comes.

They used to sell little tins of rattle snake meat. I think it was BBQd - and they were about $6.00 -- and they tasted like --guess what?

of course - they tasted like chicken!

Hi TexasLisa

Very pretty. Who had the honors? It was me -- but I'm pretty mad I didn't get it on the first shot -- because I has a good clear shot.
rant.gif

Snake is already claimed... I think it will become a belt or a wall hanging. :O)

Last edited:
Very pretty. Who had the honors?
Congratulations! Very cute chicks.

Ken lived in New Orleans in the mid '70s and early '80s. He was working for Ingersoll Rand at that time.

Sorry you lost your seating place. You can still take your son and show him where you used to sit.

Ken... Ken ... let me see if I can remember..When I'm on my way to the Audubon zoo, and they all ax for Ken ..... let's see ... Ken .... sound familiar. I need to talk to him to bring back all the memories of the good ol' time. ... lots of memories ...Midnight Not a sound from the pavement Has the moon lost her memory She is smiling alone

For little Charlie, he is potty training now, I like to show him where I always sit.

Ken... Ken ... let me see if I can remember..When I'm on my way to the Audubon zoo, and they all ax for Ken .....  let's see ... Ken .... sound familiar. I need to talk to him to bring back all the memories of the good ol' time. ... lots of memories ...Midnight Not a sound from the pavement Has the moon lost her memory She is smiling alone

For little Charlie, he is potty training now, I like to show him where I always sit.

:lol:

Thanks for the idea 'cause I thought of that....but not a lot of room in the freezer... If someone wanted I would freeze it to "hold it" but, otherwise -- a big dead snake taking up room -- so there could be emergency meat for when the zombie acopalypse comes.

They used to sell little tins of rattle snake meat. I think it was BBQd - and they were about $6.00 -- and they tasted like --guess what?

of course - they tasted like chicken!

Hi TexasLisa

Very pretty. Who had the honors? It was me -- but I'm pretty mad I didn't get it on the first shot -- because I has a good clear shot.
rant.gif

Snake is already claimed... I think it will become a belt or a wall hanging. :O)
Have a ranch in S. TX, have cleaned a bunch of snakes...someone is getting a nice skin :)

Have a ranch in S. TX, have cleaned a bunch of snakes...someone is getting a nice skin :)
Didn't realize that there could be trouble with a game warden because it is considered a protected species because it is 'threatened' -- need to get back to that person to let them know.....
hide.gif

Took my gun to the gun store to verify that there is something wrong with the site...and they told me Timber rattler is protected-- but we discussed that if your livestock are threatened, then you can kill the animal. I never even thought of consequencs. I guess next time I see one I will just try to trap it and call a game warden to haul it far far away.

by coincidence, I met this guy the other week at What-a-burger - because the guy who was snake bit knew the friend I was having lunch with. He is fully recovered -- but it is pretty scarey and it doesn't quite jive with the mild-mannered reputation of the snake.

http://kfdm.com/news/local/tyler-county-man-bitten-by-rattlesnake

creeps me out, probably enough venom to kill most of the critters here in one quick strike.... Like my 45 pound dog for one. Wonder how long I would last before I went into convulsions. Ugh.

Too close for comfort.

Last edited:
He is beautiful...oh, and that is a really nice pond too.
Thank you.

Glad the pond is holding this time, looks great. Yes , Ricky Bobby, that donkey is a handful 4 sure. rg's
Thank you. I love donkeys. I've only had miniatures and they are so loving.

He's beautiful.

I love your pond.
Thank you.

:)Beautiful dog! I also like your pond. Any fish?
Thank you. Gees, when we drained it to dig it deeper there were a ton of little bitty fish. I felt horrible. I had bought some online and threw them in but never knew they survived. I was shocked. We do have big fish in our other stock tanks.

Maybe a dumb question, but does anyone want a dead Timber rattler for belt, wall mount or hat band? It is in the neighborhood of 4-feet long - really pretty markings - shot this morning

O wow, beautiful!

Every day is a new day, so far we are at 9.
Congratulations
love.gif

Didn't realize that there could be trouble with a game warden because it is considered a protected species because it is 'threatened' -- need to get back to that person to let them know.....
hide.gif

Took my gun to the gun store to verify that there is something wrong with the site...and they told me Timber rattler is protected-- but we discussed that if your livestock are threatened, then you can kill the animal. I never even thought of consequencs. I guess next time I see one I will just try to trap it and call a game warden to haul it far far away.

by coincidence, I met this guy the other week at What-a-burger - because the guy who was snake bit knew the friend I was having lunch with. He is fully recovered -- but it is pretty scarey and it doesn't quite jive with the mild-mannered reputation of the snake.

creeps me out, probably enough venom to kill most of the critters here in one quick strike.... Like my 45 pound dog for one. Wonder how long I would last before I went into convulsions. Ugh.

Too close for comfort.
O my. I hope whoever makes a belt out of it doesn't get in trouble. My sister in law got bit by a Diamond back when she was young. I think Timbers have a worse bite.

hide.gif

Too close for comfort.
Maybe with "threatened" critters it is different, but we have a bobcat problem. So far it has gotten 5 of my 7 ducks. I called the game warden, he said basically it was my problem. They wouldn't come out and take it away even if I did trap it. They said they can't relocate it because it may have diseases that they don't want to spread.
Mandy

O my. I hope whoever makes a belt out of it doesn't get in trouble. My sister in law got bit by a Diamond back when she was young. I think Timbers have a worse bite.
Yeah, I never thought of that. I know Bald Eagle feathers are very strictly controlled so that only Native Americans can possess them.

Hope your S-I-L had no ill effects from childhood bite.

Back
Top Bottom