Texas

Im happy as long as you keep them all at you place!
lau.gif

Good luck!
Lol, that's my fear of using "snake be gone" or some other kind of ground cover.... be my luck if I put it out I'd have all the snakes on the wrong side.
th.gif

I am in Colleyville Texas. (DFW area). Just set up coop today and hoping we can get some chickens next week. Trying to decide what breeds to get and where the best place to get them near by!
Tracy
welcome-byc.gif
If you have a Tractor Supply they probably have them. Unfortunately you can't always trust what breed or gender you're getting there. I would recommend ordering sexed chicks from Ideal Poultry. Good luck.

Hi my is Paula & we live near Abernathy Tx .We are about 20 MLS from Lubbock .I am desperately looking for a bantam rooster of breeding age or close to it.I recently acquired several bantam hens of different breeds & my 2 large roosters will not do .I would love a silkie, Polish, or frizzle , but any bantam will be OK .I just need a little guy to go with my little girls .Also looking for a Phoenix rooster for my pretty hen.
welcome-byc.gif
Wish I could help. Good luck.

Hey y'all, I live I Dripping Srings Tx, and I was wandering if any of y'all have any feed stores that sell unique chicks. (Japanese bantams, Houdans, D'uccles, etc) I tried ordering chicks but I got way over my price range.
tongue.gif
please comment if y'all know any that are near me-thanks guys
welcome-byc.gif
Sorry, I don't know of any.

I am in Colleyville Texas. (DFW area). Just set up coop today and hoping we can get some chickens next week. Trying to decide what breeds to get and where the best place to get them near by!
Tracy
Marshal Grain is a good pkace for chicks. Just be sure they are sexed, a neighbor bought 11 from a private breeder (not sexed) and all but 3 were roosters. Americanas (sp?) are a good breed, they lay bluish eggs, very friendly too.

Lol,no but our power has been out since midnight! I have my eggs incubating at the nearby gas station haha.
They let you put your eggs at the gas station??? LOL that's kinda cool.

We've lost power 2x in the last 2 days, I had to put a towel over my incubator and hoped they made it - they are on lock down starting today, so i'm hoping they survive and hatch by wednesday.

This is what my yard looked like when we woke up this morning.

I had to hook my incubator up to a power converter at 5:00 am this morning . We lost power until 10:00 am. Tomorrow is hatch day 8 bcm eggs. Central Texas weather

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom