Texas

Just put some fertile eggs under my broody! Hope she sticks with it
fl.gif
This is exciting! Wishing you luck!!

Hello from Arlington, Texas. Can not wait for September 1st. We do not live in a HOA area (well, it has one but not a working one). Love my ladies. Hope all the people that live in HOA's are able to have their chickens also. It depends on the size of your land on how many you can have here. Being in housing we are on about .24 acres.

So I went to the feed store for some crumble and to order a new feeder. The baby chick and duck delivery arrived while I was shopping for feed. I was chatting with the girl while she was putting them in the brooder. My wife really wanted to have some cool looking green and blue eggs so when she said 10 of the chicks were Ameraucanas i had no choice. $5 pullets aren't the best deal but I had to have them. I asked for 2 dark and two blondes. So of course the deal is 5 for 20. So we now have 5 new baby chicks in the little brooder. Check them out! 16 total now!
My hubby is never surprised when I go to the feed store and come home with new chicks, especially this time of year. Two years ago we started out with my 8 girls, now have 15 layers, three roosters, 5 baby (6week) Americanas. He tries to go with me most of the time, just to discourage more chicks....sometimes works, mostly doesn't.

I'm thrilled! My poor baby's stay in my garage all day until I come home!

Do you have EE chickens you can sell me? I'm in Friendswood TX
I am thinning out some of my EE's as we are trying to reduce our table eggs, because we usually end up with more than we can eat. But, it is a long way from Friendswood to Livingston.

Has anyone ever ordered from Meyer hatchery? I'm thinking of ordering some SFH, but want to make sure they are reputable, and that what they send are true SFH. Thank you in advance for your opinions.

Has anyone ever ordered from Meyer hatchery? I'm thinking of ordering some SFH, but want to make sure they are reputable, and that what they send are true SFH. Thank you in advance for your opinions.
They are a reputable company. However, they usually make you order like 24 chicks if I remember correctly.

Back
Top Bottom