Texas

Hello, from Monaville, Tx.
I’ve never Officially introduced my self on this thread
My wife and I live on ten acres Wayyy out side of Houston
We are parents to five grown children and Grand parents to seven (13 years to 13 months)
My wife started with 10 olive Eggers(her Ladies) then added 12 cinnamon queens ( red sexlink)(her girls)
Then I add 23 fuzzybutts + what the Bator and broody’s added last year.
Then this year the Bator went to work again. Then came the boxes from the Post office 23, 47, 21 :oops: oh chicken math!!!
Add that to my girls (honey bees) my fish (Talpia and Guppies) and Lincoln the night watchdog and you have what we call “Fin & Feather Ranch” :frow
Sounds like the best kinda ranch!!

Hello, from Monaville, Tx.
I’ve never Officially introduced my self on this thread
My wife and I live on ten acres Wayyy out side of Houston
We are parents to five grown children and Grand parents to seven (13 years to 13 months)
My wife started with 10 olive Eggers(her Ladies) then added 12 cinnamon queens ( red sexlink)(her girls)
Then I add 23 fuzzybutts + what the Bator and broody’s added last year.
Then this year the Bator went to work again. Then came the boxes from the Post office 23, 47, 21 :oops: oh chicken math!!!
Add that to my girls (honey bees) my fish (Talpia and Guppies) and Lincoln the night watchdog and you have what we call “Fin & Feather Ranch” :frow
:frow Welcome you chicken math expert!

Well I’m back on after a few years hiatus. I’m a teacher so I get distracted with that most of the year. I live in Katy, a few miles west of Houston. We got flooded in Harvey but the flock of hens I had was wiped out by a bad creature one night before the flood. Then around spring break this yr I got 10 more chicks and a hawk got them one day while I was at school. So this summer I built ft Knox. I have 12 hens that are right at 3 mos old and 6 that are about 4 weeks. I’ve had chickens off and on got about 4 years and this is the first time that I know they won’t get wiped out from a predator.
I’ve got 16 different kinds.

Well I’m back on after a few years hiatus. I’m a teacher so I get distracted with that most of the year. I live in Katy, a few miles west of Houston. We got flooded in Harvey but the flock of hens I had was wiped out by a bad creature one night before the flood. Then around spring break this yr I got 10 more chicks and a hawk got them one day while I was at school. So this summer I built ft Knox. I have 12 hens that are right at 3 mos old and 6 that are about 4 weeks. I’ve had chickens off and on got about 4 years and this is the first time that I know they won’t get wiped out from a predator.
Welcome back!

I rehomed 4 beautiful Lavender Orp roosters today. They went to a farm with a lot of white and brown leghorns. I know I shouldn't get attached to chickens but I almost cried when I dropped them off. :hit
I have 8 little "pullets" in a new coop. (I'm thinking of getting a few more & hiding them from my hubby)
Does anyone know of a support group for chicken addiction?

I rehomed 4 beautiful Lavender Orp roosters today. They went to a farm with a lot of white and brown leghorns. I know I shouldn't get attached to chickens but I almost cried when I dropped them off. :hit
I have 8 little "pullets" in a new coop. (I'm thinking of getting a few more & hiding them from my hubby)
:hugs

:lau
What about quail? They are so tiny he would never even know you had any.

Chicken addict ????
What's that?? :lau
Support group, I think you found it, we're listening.

Sounds like a beautiful mixed flock!!!!

Back
Top Bottom