Texas

I just learned that TSC stores hold clinics where they will test poop!
https://www.tractorsupply.com/policies-information_pet-vet-clinic_pet-vet-clinic

Screen Shot 2018-09-26 at 11.31.16 AM.png

Last edited:
Quick question,
Has anyone noticed any increase of health issues lately?
I am in Fort Bend county, and like many of you, I am ready for the rain to stop, and the mosquitos of course.
I have a mixed aged flock (8months-4 year olds).
There is something going on with my flock. I can't put my finger on it.
Last night My daughter said she thought she saw our EE hen had some bubbles in the corner of her eye. (That made me really scared, I know that could be respiratory)
Of course she mentioned it after we put them up for the night.
None of the other birds are showing signs of sicknesses, I am seeing a decrease in egg production (huge), and I am familiar with the usual issues as far as fowl pox goes. Half of the flock has been vaccinated for fowl pox, all were vaccinated for Mareks, I am a little OCD as far as cleaning the coop daily.
They free range and share a pasture with a couple of donkeys.
I wormed them in August with valbazen, and last night decided to cover all basis and will put ivromec on them today for mites just in case.
A few of the older girls have started to molt. It's the middle aged hens that just seem off.(the 2year old EE)
I may be worrying for no reason, I just don't like missing things that later on should have seemed so obvious.

Quick question,
Has anyone noticed any increase of health issues lately?
I am in Fort Bend county, and like many of you, I am ready for the rain to stop, and the mosquitos of course.
I have a mixed aged flock (8months-4 year olds).
There is something going on with my flock. I can't put my finger on it.
Last night My daughter said she thought she saw our EE hen had some bubbles in the corner of her eye. (That made me really scared, I know that could be respiratory)
Of course she mentioned it after we put them up for the night.
None of the other birds are showing signs of sicknesses, I am seeing a decrease in egg production (huge), and I am familiar with the usual issues as far as fowl pox goes. Half of the flock has been vaccinated for fowl pox, all were vaccinated for Mareks, I am a little OCD as far as cleaning the coop daily.
They free range and share a pasture with a couple of donkeys.
I wormed them in August with valbazen, and last night decided to cover all basis and will put ivromec on them today for mites just in case.
A few of the older girls have started to molt. It's the middle aged hens that just seem off.(the 2year old EE)
I may be worrying for no reason, I just don't like missing things that later on should have seemed so obvious.
You do know that they can still have Marek's even though they have been vaccinated, right?

I bet they are just feeling "off" because of the molting. The EE are probably just starting to molt.

You do know that they can still have Marek's even though they have been vaccinated, right?

I bet they are just feeling "off" because of the molting. The EE are probably just starting to molt.
Yes, your right. This is more of an eerie feeling I am getting. Sort of like the calm before a big storm.
The bubbles in the eye is more of a respiratory symptom.
I watched her today, and no sign of bubbles.
I did hear a few higher pitcheD sneezes coming from a young hen.
Right now there is only one ole grouchy hen visibly molting.
I am concerned with all this rain we have had, and more to come. It's already mosquito haven, and swamp like where they free range.

Yes, your right. This is more of an eerie feeling I am getting. Sort of like the calm before a big storm.
The bubbles in the eye is more of a respiratory symptom.
I watched her today, and no sign of bubbles.
I did hear a few higher pitcheD sneezes coming from a young hen.
Right now there is only one ole grouchy hen visibly molting.
I am concerned with all this rain we have had, and more to come. It's already mosquito haven, and swamp like where they free range.
If the bubbles in the eye went away it was probably just an irritation like dirt or a peck to the eye.

What’s everyone doing to combat the unbelievably awful mosquito esl?

One thing that helps is to keep the grass short. Also make sure you are dumping waterers every few days and make sure there isnt standing water on the property.

I bring my dogs there for their shots and it always includes a fecal so I just bring chicken or goat poop back instead since the dogs are wormed monthly via their HW medicine anyway.

Back
Top Bottom