Texas

I saw them unpacking ng/setting up this stuff today at HEB. I'm sure it will be over priced and I won't buy any but I may try to make a few.
Top photo...all the way to the left. I like that one.
IMG_20190429_143445.jpg
IMG_20190429_143448.jpg

@AllenK RGV How are the babies?
Still have 17/17 living breathing, eating, drinking, and everyone's favorite pooping up a storm. The MHP is doing good set on low and I am working on getting the fence and coop finished out for them so they can be outdoor chicken soon. I'll see how far my pickets take me from the blown down fence and possibly build out temporary walls and a roof to get them the heck out of the house(bathtub). I really was not planning on a 100% hatch out rate for all the fertilized eggs I had. If you look in the picture of the future coop/run you'll see a hen(neighbors) who seems to be just visiting for the day from next door with her chicks. That momma is the reason I initially got restarted putting up the fence between us to keep her and her offspring off my property!

Edit our days of night time temps under 75F are now in the past tense for the year.

Photos:

IMG_3866.JPG
IMG_3877.JPG

Still have 17/17 living breathing, eating, drinking, and everyone's favorite pooping up a storm. The MHP is doing good set on low and I am working on getting the fence and coop finished out for them so they can be outdoor chicken soon. I'll see how far my pickets take me from the blown down fence and possibly build out temporary walls and a roof to get them the heck out of the house(bathtub). I really was not planning on a 100% hatch out rate for all the fertilized eggs I had. If you look in the picture of the future coop/run you'll see a hen(neighbors) who seems to be just visiting for the day from next door with her chicks. That momma is the reason I initially got restarted putting up the fence between us to keep her and her offspring off my property!

Edit our days of night time temps under 75F are now in the past tense for the year.

Photos:

View attachment 1758392 View attachment 1758393

Aww your fuzzies are cute! Good luck with the fence! I gave up on keeping my neighbors animals off my yard... country livin! I'm a proud half owner of 5 Great Pyrenees, handful of chickens, and 5 goats :rolleyes: :confused:

Aww your fuzzies are cute! Good luck with the fence! I gave up on keeping my neighbors animals off my yard... country livin! I'm a proud half owner of 5 Great Pyrenees, handful of chickens, and 5 goats :rolleyes: :confused:
I do not want their wormy animals over here. Every puppy that escaped over here was either carrying visible worms or Coccidia(sp?) whenever we abducted them or vetted them. Now I know better to buy just buy dewormer in bulk from the feed store, and put the heartworm positive stuff out of my mind. I know their chicken are running loose with their untreated cocci+ dogs as well so expect the same to infect their chicken.

Oh well that's life in the rural "Colonias" here in Southnmost Texas! The Coop and run plus the fence redo are designed to be visual/physical barriers for both of our sakes as they built their house to dang close to this one. Nice folks otherwise though! :):he

Edit- How are you a half owner of the pyrene's? Are they the neighbors?

Also I hit wikipedia.org for Laureles, Tx and man this place is dirt poor by the 2010 stats and demographics. 50% of the kids here are living below the Poverty level. No clue why folks think they can afford 3 or more dogs as well. People don't bother to spay/neuter/vaccinate/vet any of their dogs and we are totally surprised whenever we see a dog on the street roaming loose with tags.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom