Texas

Looks like another plant drag night we're expecting temps below 40 degrees tonight. So my pineapples and other sensitives won't see outdoors until Saturday morning. As bad as I must have it here I'm sure it's worse for everyone else of y'all!:duc
Hey Allen, mighty cold here this morning, 23°F, front pushed on out early this morning. Clear skies and absolutely calm.
20200227_063329.jpg

Hope this is the last freeze!

Hey Allen, mighty cold here this morning, 23°F, front pushed on out early this morning. Clear skies and absolutely calm.
View attachment 2036707
Hope this is the last freeze!
I really felt bad giving that one a like Sean. We got down to 39 or 40 I'm just glad that we didn't have any freezes this year. Supposedly there's a second cold front right behind this one if it's not here already.

It's tractor supply day for me going to have to let the livestock fend for themselves for a while. I'd planned on getting there at 8 a.m. this morning but that ain't going to happen cuz it's 8:05 it's always nice in the first half hour when they open up you just don't have people in front of you.

I love shopping this time of day got everything on my list stoped by three places, tractor supply the gas station and Matt's building building supply for some new hoses and hose splitters. I'm back home like an hour and 15 minutes later. Life is rough when you don't have traffic and people to trip over under your feet. I don't miss rush hour 1 bit.

Hello everyone! After a few years away, I decided to come back to BYC! :frow
Now let's see if I post this correctly...
Howdy newchickjess, :frow welcome back!
I thought I knew every nook and cranny of Texas but where is Elysian Fields?

Well, I'm glad you found the Texas thread! I'm doing some silky hair styling this morning so they survive the Hawks that we still have for the winter. I decided to get creative and make one easier to identify looks just like one of the other hens. Now I should be able to tell them apart.View attachment 2033822
Allen, oh you did not! That is too funny. Adorable and recognizable? I think so!

Yeah they're cute little fluff balls but you can't even see their beaks without a haircut.

In other news Lucky is still alive and so are three of the original nine chicks from the last batch. Going on hawk patrol whenever you hear alarms helps the Hawks to move on. We noticed it was the same two hawks over and over again and then they finally moved on with us being a little more responsive to chicken distress calls.

View attachment 2034206
Spoiling them too, I see! I think my chickens are more spoiled than my dogs also. At least my Australian Shephards know the word NO. When I walk into most of my pens, the chickens crowd around my feet to the point it’s difficult to walk and I’m either stepping on their toes or tripping over them. I know I made my on bed, Right.

Back
Top Bottom