Texas

So I do have a question. I need to relocate so many prickly pears on the property. I keep failing with glove purchases. Does anyone have a suggestion? Those spines embed in your fingers and stay there for months. @007Sean ?

https://www.valleycentral.com/richa...d-moore-outdoor-report-peerless-prickly-pear/
Get ya a pear burner...burn the spines off...no problem, just don't try to cook'em with the burner. I have one, works great for starting a BBQ when your out of charcoal lighter fluid, too! ;) plus many other uses.

Hi,

I’m not sure which forum to post this, but please kindly let me know and I’ll follow the proper forum.

If anyone lives near/ around DFW metroplex, and is looking to purchase day-old chick, please also consider Aggie Feed & Chick. This store does Not have great review and it’s sad. However, the store has so many chicks that aren’t selling as much as they had hoped so when my spouse came earlier today to pick up a few things, they are giving him free chick. They told him they are giving away 5 for the price of one. I’m posting this because I’m certain they will cull all of the chicks if there are too many and not enough demand. Just about 2 weeks ago, I visited the Buy/Sell/Trade forum here, and there were quite a few people looking to buy chicks from TSC but they said as soon as the first shipment came, chicks got sold out as quickly as within the first hour. Demand was high, but not enough supply.

I am concern for those chicks at Aggie, and want to alert in hope a few could “rescue” them before they will be dispose.

Thank you for reading! Again, I’m not sure where else to alert people locally about this so let me know if you can.
This is awful! How can people be so cruel. How unethical!🤬

Holy cow. The yelp review of that place has a number of very disturbing pictures of terrible animal Care....
Yes, they do have terrible reviews and this is one of the reasons why I’m afraid of how they will treat and cull these chicks. It’s a difficult thing when I definitely don’t want to get chicks from places like this because they’ll just keep on getting chicks to sell. But when I see the conditions these chicks have to cramped in a small brooder, and lets not talk about any other things that are terrible, I can’t help but feeling as if I have to “rescue” one or two. It’s a very terrible thing to see.

Yes, they do have terrible reviews and this is one of the reasons why I’m afraid of how they will treat and cull these chicks. It’s a difficult thing when I definitely don’t want to get chicks from places like this because they’ll just keep on getting chicks to sell. But when I see the conditions these chicks have to cramped in a small brooder, and lets not talk about any other things that are terrible, I can’t help but feeling as if I have to “rescue” one or two. It’s a very terrible thing to see.
Do you have pictures of the nastiness?

So many of us in TX had to go through some decent weather today. The dogs were the most annoying aspect of it for me(why I'm still up). Something unexpected and that is an unusual sensation....... I might have to put on a tshirt to keep warm and in May?
wassup.jpg blitz.jpg https://www.wunderground.com/ and
Blitzortung.de for images

I sincerely hope everyone did as well today :fl and nothing devastating occurred. I did see some 5+ inch rainfall totals for some of you guys.

Last edited:
So many of us in TX had to go through some decent weather today. The dogs were the most annoying aspect of it for me(why I'm still up). Something unexpected and that is an unusual sensation....... I might have to put on a tshirt to keep warm and in May?
View attachment 2158725View attachment 2158726 https://www.wunderground.com/ and
Blitzortung.de for images

I sincerely hope everyone did as well today :fl and nothing devastating occurred. I did see some 5+ inch rainfall totals for some of you guys.
Yesterday??? We had our own "fun" WX ride. 6:13 AM comes to mind when the last strong wave jolted me outta sleep/bet/dreamzone so yeah... It was so close and so long that the flash lasted a few seconds after my eyes opened and the thunder was symoltanious too. ALL the fur kids awoke, barked and generally wanted to be reassure.

THAT right there will get me in deep doodoo..... I have that "rescuer gene" and have to be mindful of it. I have a history of overextendedness in many ways.

Back
Top Bottom