Texas

Statistically speaking, my Better-half showed me that her theory has now become a well entrenched fact.

In the fast lane 10-out-of-every-10 drivers at or more normally below the speed limit turns out to be an older white guy with cellphone velcro-ed to their hand & EAR.
This fact is now into it's 8th or 9th year continued to hold its own - way too easily. Regardless the type of vehicle he's driving. And I'm an older white guy too!

Okay... I've finally started to shutdown internally speaking..... Finally.
G'night.
Probably in DFW, but Cameron County has a differing demographic. I think it is idiots and their phones regardless like yall. Regardless in 3.5 miles of 55 each way I always get annoyed here. Heck the Tacoria refers to me as "El Gringo" so there cant be too many fat old white guys in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
Probably in DFW, but Cameron County has a differing demographic. I think it is idiots and their phones regardless like yall. Regardless in 3.5 miles of 55 each way I always get annoyed here. Heck the Tacoria refers to me as "El Gringo" so there cant be too many fat old white guys in my neck of the woods.
Well, it's certainly in 3 areas: all of DFW, i-35 down to Waco, up to OKC, US-287 up to Wichita falls, us 175 out to and around cedar Creek Lake; i-45 down to & including H-town & Galveston.

And like you shared, when you go to pass them it's like my/your turn signal activates their "pissing contest gland" and the ~66% of the time speed up to try to keep us from passing them too.

An anomaly to add to this is the "Yo-yo driver" who isn't one that uses their cruise control! I'll have it set at or slightly above ... Say the signs are for 70; I'll be 70-75 w/CC active & chillin'in the right or a middle lane. They'll pass then slow up just some distance ahead of me and then sit there blocking flow at a slower pace....meanwhile I've caught up and have to thread the needle passing through the other lanes or on occasion "squeeze in front of them." All the while still w/CC set and holding steady. Then anywhere between instantly to ~minutes later they return at a significant increase in speed then slow to either almost next to me on the left side or in my lame in front of me & sit there at a speed slower then my CC setting again.

Driving thru DFW or on run to Galveston etal; its enough to distract me to the point I'll keep an eagle eye on their head & hands actions to telegraph what their up to in hopes to pass them & finally get aways past them... Sometimes that works.... Sometimes...

We don't travel far from home anymore. Most us on FM 60 to Lyons then 36 N to Caldwell or 36 S to Somerville. Most of 36 is 2 lane 70 mph.
ALMOST everyday, we have someone pass ON THE SHOULDER (right or passenger side). I drive speed limit usually 68-70.
Seen some stupid chat.
Another thing that totally pisses me off, someone one pulls out 70 mph area, I hit brakes,their going 40-45, they drive 1/2 mile or less then slow down and turn.

So, waking up a short bit ago..... felt a pang of sadness as I've an observation / question for y'all:
This pandemic has really put a stop to almost all compassionate neighborly behavior I was raised with and taught to share. How do you feel about this self observation?
(I'm asking around different circles to see their thoughts as well.)

And.... Rain is rolling in......
Looks to be in less than an hour away....
Which means it's about 2+3 hours early.
Screenshot_20201128-104505~2.png

So, waking up a short bit ago..... felt a pang of sadness as I've an observation / question for y'all:
This pandemic has really put a stop to almost all compassionate neighborly behavior I was raised with and taught to share. How do you feel about this self observation?
(I'm asking around different circles to see their thoughts as well.)
Walmart shoppers suck everywhere. Lack of any form of situational awareness as how their wide loads parked across 3 lanes impedes everyone's traffic flow.

And.... Rain is rolling in......
Looks to be in less than an hour away....
Which means it's about 2+3 hours early.
View attachment 2428548
Ours is starting to get close just a light looking band of it. Still 85F out trying to decide when the AC needs turned off. The wind speed will probably advise me when it is time.
1606599836469.png

Just a quick follow up the rain started around 4:30PM no wind events but I made a good call turning off the AC when I did as we are now at a subarctic 65F outdoors. The rain has yet to stop it has just been pizzly and constant for the last 7-8 hours. So we might have picked up 1/2 an inch. Guess I will be mowing again soon. Oh yes and the cats are blaming us for this stuff. Just wait until it gets into the 40's overnight later this week. The cats will be protesting with signs demanding more can food and equal rights very soon.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom