Texas

I’m expecting to be outdone by Mother Nature in short order this year.

hatch-out= “Flappy” had 1 of 5 hatch 2 weeks ago now -I guess. 2 other sillies went broody & they have eggs... EE/OE & a couple silkies too.

storms:
Mesocyclone’s & tornadoes in & around DFW will be another busy one. I’m expecting at least 1 “on the ground” before end of this month.

hurricane = one will be earlier in season that last several years.
“Numbered & named” storms= will happen before official season starts.....

total number & named = we will see ‘Greek’ again this year.

Yucatán peninsula will get hit hard it’s first storm this year.

My gut thinks a “gulf storm” will precede an Atlantic tracked story as the 1st one to threaten the Con-US.

now.... let’s see how wrong I am... shall we?
Anyone else?

I’m expecting to be outdone by Mother Nature in short order this year.

hatch-out= “Flappy” had 1 of 5 hatch 2 weeks ago now -I guess. 2 other sillies went broody & they have eggs... EE/OE & a couple silkies too.

storms:
Mesocyclone’s & tornadoes in & around DFW will be another busy one. I’m expecting at least 1 “on the ground” before end of this month.

hurricane = one will be earlier in season that last several years.
“Numbered & named” storms= will happen before official season starts.....

total number & named = we will see ‘Greek’ again this year.

Yucatán peninsula will get hit hard it’s first storm this year.

My gut thinks a “gulf storm” will precede an Atlantic tracked story as the 1st one to threaten the Con-US.

now.... let’s see how wrong I am... shall we?
Anyone else?
I'm in the desert now. I get to avoid most that. We actually had a tornado about 10 miles from our house a couple weeks ago. Uhhh. I think if you google shallowwater tornado it'll pop up. It actually threw a chicken run at a storm chaser. 😮
I'm happy to no longer be on the coast in some senses. I miss water. Literally. Any water. There's none here 🤣. However I'm pretty done with hurricane evacs 😬. We participated in 4 I think in the 4 years we lived on the coast. And just blehhhh. So annoying. Military family tho so we were expected to go and they covered expenses. I didnt wise up to expenses paid until the last evac tho and finally picked a hotel with a pool. We refered to that one as hurrication 🤣

Hello! Posting for a friend here in San Antonio. She found a mallard couple and their nest in her backyard. She is concerned that her dog will get to the nest despite efforts to block it off and is looking for someone to take the eggs.

Hello! Posting for a friend here in San Antonio. She found a mallard couple and their nest in her backyard. She is concerned that her dog will get to the nest despite efforts to block it off and is looking for someone to take the eggs.
I just reached out for help in another thread for folks to ask around & linked to your post.

best of luck. BTW perhaps posting in the duck section of here?

We have 3 EEs and 2 (potentially 3) Bantam Silkies needing new homes. Our small flock can’t handle that much testosterone! They are all roughly 12 weeks old. We are in the DFW area of Texas. I’ll attach updated photos today.

Attachments

• 915B31FD-E371-4C39-82A1-A5030440D94A.jpeg
    915B31FD-E371-4C39-82A1-A5030440D94A.jpeg
    868.2 KB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom