Texas

Done for now.
16235132516751787285997551345343.jpg

I am thinking........
Ugggg
I hate it when this happens......
Should I rake some of the cut grass from pasture and dump in run, OR use the woodchips I hopefully get from tree tomorrow, or both?
I guess I just need to wait for tree to be gone to see if I get wood chips-then 🤔💭.
Also, not sure J is agreeable to the wood chips, he's awful quiet.

HOT and sunny here. Got the garden and flowers watered. This afternoon, will weed whack some. Haven't turned on the sprinkler system this year- we have had a LOT of rain. Will see if it needs turned on next week. Have been concentrating mostly on keeping up with the back yard- now the front is horrid, so will start on that tomorrow. It never ends. I thought when I retired, I could just piddle in the yard. I never dreamed it would turn into a full time job. Oh well. I do love how it looks when it is cleaned up.

It is work to keep it pretty, but so worth it.
It feels good to look at yard and enjoy what your looking at.
Enjoy!
Find something beautiful everyday.
You are right. I love sitting out and just enjoying the hens and the back yard. I never go into the front yard except to mow. Haven't done anything in the front beds and they really need work. I guess the front is for others, the back just for me.

(Rubs hands together) “All right, all right, all right….” First roll of the dice for the gulf coast!

@AllenK RGV @RUNuts {brain farts and forgot others to tag in here}

(you can see my haiku reply in Twitter thread)

Time to fire up the spaghetti website?

And today’s current stat’s with a 2nd night of “Surprise, severe WX warning”….
450FD31C-F880-41A7-A8E3-E84BBB815BF4.jpeg

About a month ago, I drove down to Victoria and got my first goats. Meet Pepper (black) and Coriander (creamish). They're Kiko goats, January doelings, and hopefully the start of my herd/tribe.

IMG_0446.JPEG

Today, I made a trip up to Athens and picked up this little Kiko wether, named Thyme. I think they got along pretty well for a first meeting.

Attachments

• IMG_0488.JPEG
    IMG_0488.JPEG
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
You are right. I love sitting out and just enjoying the hens and the back yard. I never go into the front yard except to mow. Haven't done anything in the front beds and they really need work. I guess the front is for others, the back just for me.
We spend 80% of our time on back porch. I got front porch, fertilized all the beds, pots, weedeated around everything. Then washed dirt, crud off. I saw lots of butterflies, green frogs, baby toads, lizards.
Got all the roses in back
16236026086266525026779273760419.jpg
fertilized, I absolutely love the stuff I use. 3 in 1 complete, once every 6 weeks, I saw a huge improvement when I first used it in March. Roses were fuller, leaves healthier, more buds. Now I need to fertilize the rest of the back, with regular 10-10-10, 🙄 or is it 20-20-20.
Hmmmmm......

Back
Top Bottom