Texas

Great drainage, no ponding out here Sean. My house is the last one on the block, so as each house at the other end had junk they pushed it down to my yard. Well all those blankety-blank empty paint cans and other debris, actually gave me good drainage. Plus the grass looks pretty good too.

BTW our area was a quarry some time ago, so more buried rocks etc. Never have standing water, been here over 50 years. First year everyone else's property flooded - they all had hoses and pumping water out of their basements. All the houses except mine (knock on wood).

Got home this morning about 3:30am. Walked into the house as normal, no lights on pitch black in my garage. Stepped within 6" of it, it was next to a trash can I use to keep feed in and about a 1' from the door....it didn't rattle or strike...I didn't even know it was there....fed my dog, George, then let him out to go do his business. This time I had a flashlight....I just about messed myself, George didn't notice either!!!! He went right by it too!!! Again, it didn't rattle or strike!!! I yelled at him but he kept going on out of the garage. I went back in and got my .22 and shot it in the head. George and I went back inside...got my camera to take pics....when I went back out to take picks, it was coiled up, again!!! :eek: still alive, I poked it with a wood dowel and it tried to strike this time.
Shot it 2 more times in the head, that killed it this time.
Lesson learned: Use a flashlight when going into the house when it's night/dark.
20211020_050447~2.jpg
20211020_050435~2.jpg

Got home this morning about 3:30am. Walked into the house as normal, no lights on pitch black in my garage. Stepped within 6" of it, it was next to a trash can I use to keep feed in and about a 1' from the door....it didn't rattle or strike...I didn't even know it was there....fed my dog, George, then let him out to go do his business. This time I had a flashlight....I just about messed myself, George didn't notice either!!!! He went right by it too!!! Again, it didn't rattle or strike!!! I yelled at him but he kept going on out of the garage. I went back in and got my .22 and shot it in the head. George and I went back inside...got my camera to take pics....when I went back out to take picks, it was coiled up, again!!! :eek: still alive, I poked it with a wood dowel and it tried to strike this time.
Shot it 2 more times in the head, that killed it this time.
Lesson learned: Use a flashlight when going into the house when it's night/dark.
View attachment 2872208View attachment 2872209
how long is it? 3 or 4 feet?
VERY glad it didn't strike. It was cool here this morning. Hoping he was too cold to move or notice much. Probably looking for a warm spot now the nights are cooling. Or he was after mice. Either is possible?

how long is it? 3 or 4 feet?
VERY glad it didn't strike. It was cool here this morning. Hoping he was too cold to move or notice much. Probably looking for a warm spot now the nights are cooling. Or he was after mice. Either is possible?
It was only about 2 feet long but still....could have done a number on me if it had of struck me! I didn't start shaking until I thought about how close the call was!!! This is the second one that didn't rattle or strike, the first one was in one of my bird pens and my hand was about a foot way from it. :eek:

Back
Top Bottom