Texas

We are not sure on which breeds just yet, we are just starting out. I found one hatchery mentioned here a couple times. Ideal Poultry I think, I might use them.
I was going to mention Ideal Poultry!
I ordered from them this year. I got 7 chicks, all supposed to be pullets, two ended up being cockerel so we had to cull them. All the chicks arrived healthy.
Are you allowed to have roosters where you are?

Thanks, I will give them a try when I get back. Our office is on 5 acres and I spoke to the neighbor who said we are allowed. Not 100% sure though.
On 5 acres I would think you could have roosters.
I should mention that Ideal has a $30 minimum order, so you have to get at least 7 chicks.

Ideal poultry is in Cameron. You might call them, ask about pick up order. You may be able too order and pick up at the facility. I know it's not open to the public, but they gotta have a sales office. If you CAN pick up in Cameron, you MAY not have the $30 minimum , and save on shipping, less stress on the babies also.

We have been blessed at our community work garden with a donated chicken coup and now need to fill it will our little feathered friends. Does anyone know a place near San Antonio that we can find chicks or chickens? We are just beginning and ready to learn. I'd rather stay away from the big box stores and support someone local, if possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and have a great day!
Your local feed store might have chicks now that the extreme heat has passed. I saw some at my feed store last week.

See below (smirks)

Yeah, I think if it does develop, it will hit Honduras, Guatemala or Southern Mexico!
Well, we shall soon see, eh?
DA24EAC3-8F1A-4C62-BB61-5B08067F2B1C.jpeg

And @007Sean looks like they agree with you… all the computer models.
E878282B-6F38-4E71-8C51-54A83738B732.jpeg

And further out in the Atlantic….
9E2AF653-7E6E-4583-BE2E-8FD8D1AA79AC.jpeg

Can anyone take in Pekin ducks around El Paso? One of my friends messaged me about taking in ducks, and when i asked why he said his parents gated community had pekin ducks in their 5 lakes, and they bred quickly, and now there are 50 of them. Apparently they cannot take care of this many, smh 🤦‍♀️, and have to get rid of them somehow. HE said they would have to have them homed, or they would need to stop feeding them and butcher them. They will probably have to butcher some of them, which is expected for drakes, but 50 ducks seem like a lot to have to kill. Does anyone know of anyone that can take some in in El Paso or Las Cruces area? I am posting in Texas and New Mexico state forum.

Back
Top Bottom