Texas

Neat! I have 3 RIR's mainly because that's almost all I could find! The only other breed I could find easily were Buff Orpingtons, and to me they are so common looking I just didn't want to start there. I would love to have nothing but blue and lavender varieties of birds, but those are hard to find, too! I do wish we had a good way to get together and see what we all have and learn from each other. It would be such fun.

Quote:
Are you thinking of a chickenstock? I know there's one hosted by the OP every year, but that's down south. I believe there have been a couple of attempts at a DFW one, but they all fell through.

Chickenstock!?!
lau.gif
Love it!
Yeah, that would be great. Where is the one down south? I thought the Ft Worth Stock Show would be helpful, but there was no one around to talk to about their chickens. People just drop them off and pick them up. So it's harder to meet and greet that way.

Quote:
In the state of Texas you need to have your birds NPIP tested to travel with them anywhere, its free and easy to do. It may take a while to get someone out there are only 3 testers in Texas. I believe the guy for south texas is Dickey Richardson 512-466-8235, but if you don't have any luck call headquarters at 979-845-4186 this is the number for TVMDL at A&M they are the only ones that can test your birds in the state. If you have any questions or run into any problems just PM me.

Quote:
Problem with a DFW one, for me at least, is that Arlington and many other cities have TINY limits on numbers. So it's like what's the point in going just so I can be all upset that I can't get any new babies? Just going to the feed store about does me in... and that's with two illegals in my shower.

Quote:
Problem with a DFW one, for me at least, is that Arlington and many other cities have TINY limits on numbers. So it's like what's the point in going just so I can be all upset that I can't get any new babies? Just going to the feed store about does me in... and that's with two illegals in my shower.

It might be good to do one sans critters until we can figure out a way to do a real chickenstock. Of course that leaves place, time, and etc. to figure out and I don't know if anyone is willing to put in the effort right now. The heat really makes outdoor events difficult.

The one down south is in San Marcos, I think.

Also, on a side note, if anyone is interested, I'm still up for splitting an order.

BTW, I have people occasionally asking me for chickens, and I don't raise to sell. But I do have a website for other things "chicken", so if anyone wants me to list or link to them for chicken sales, please let me know and I'll be happy to. Especially if you will do a link back to my site from yours.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom