Texas

WE gotted rain too!! WOOHOO!!!!!!! I stood out in it like I was from Kansas!

(Everyone I've ever known from Kansas likes to stand out in the rain like as if it's a rare event there.)

Last edited:
Anyone around Houston have a place for a 5 week old white crested black Polish chick?

65925_dotter7.jpg

65925_imag0083.jpg

I sold her brother and sisters a week ago and thought I might be able to raise her even though I've no others very close to her age. What was I thinking? She thinks I'm her mom now and really needs either others her age or someone who can spend their days surgically attached to a chicken. She's fine with spending her nights by herself in a bird cage but during the day, I either have to keep her around me or put up with her constant, all day non stop whining for company. All the other chickens want to peck her to death. There is no way she can be with them, they have even somehow managed to pull out part of her tail, even with all my (I thought) constant vigilance. Poor thing, she is just adorable and I'll miss her but I need to find a home for her for both our sanities.

Last edited:
Quote:
She is adorable! I wish I lived in the Houston area!
Somebody in Houston will be very lucky....

Have you contacted the people that have her brother and sister? Maybe they have room for one more!

Quote:
She is adorable! I wish I lived in the Houston area!
Somebody in Houston will be very lucky....

Have you contacted the people that have her brother and sister? Maybe they have room for one more!

Thank you
smile.png
You should see her snuggle up on my shoulder to my ear lol. She is a real love.

That was my first thought but sadly, they don't.

Last edited:
She almost went to go live with her brother and sister after all! Then they changed their minds. So she's still up for adoption. Forum won't let me remove posts
sad.png

Last edited:
Hello Everybody,
I'm new to BYC. This looks like a great Forum and a great way to meet people hopefully some even close to me. I'm on the east side of Houston. I'm having to start over raising chickens but would like to eventually have about 50. I tried to hatch eggs once and failed, but soon as I have laying hens I'm going to try again. Would love to hatch some eggs!We just sold our farm in Crosby and most of the animals we had
sad.png
but I still have a few miniature horses and the fainter and Nigerian Dwarf goats. I'm looking forward to less property to maintain so I can devote more time to playing with my animals. If anyone is close by drop me a line!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

just wanted to welcome you to the group. I am in Decatur about 30 north of Fort Worth. We used to live in Houston, and in
Conroe as well. I have a mixture of different breeds on my property. I just aquired a lavender Orpington. I need to get it a new mate sense the one I got to go with the lavender had passed away.

Brand new member, brand new to hens. From Austin and have 1 White Amberlink just over a year old, 1 Blue Ameraucana about a year old and 1 experiemental mix of 1/2 Barnevelder & 1/2 Black Leghorn. Had them about a week now, adopted from someone who is moving into dual purpose birds. I'm sure I'll have a TON of questions. :)

5Leepy! :

Brand new member, brand new to hens. From Austin and have 1 White Amberlink just over a year old, 1 Blue Ameraucana about a year old and 1 experiemental mix of 1/2 Barnevelder & 1/2 Black Leghorn. Had them about a week now, adopted from someone who is moving into dual purpose birds. I'm sure I'll have a TON of questions. :)

A Big
welcome-byc.gif
to both you and Momma Baer!

BYC.com is the place fore questions!​

Back
Top Bottom