Texas

Sorry to interrupt!
hide.gif

Newbie from Arlington, I wanted to ask about sources for chickens in the DFW and surrounding areas, all I am going on now is CL ads and a polishfarms referral from a friend. Hoping to get hens already laying.

Thanks,
-jim

Hi Jim,
welcome-byc.gif

Sorry, can't you much. It's the same story in my neck of the woods. I can find pullets, but juveniles and adult laying hens are just impossible to find.
Hopefully someone from your area can steer you better, but in the meantime, you might also try a google search of Feed+Pet stores in your area and call them and ask. I found one here that does sell juveniles, but they sell out within hours of restocking every time.
Good luck!

chickenvilleusa.com in terrell,tx cheryl has buff & light brahmas silver laced wyandottes all around laying age she also has gold links & gold laced wyans, blue egg layers currently laying it's within 10 miles of polishfarms.com with DAN and right off hwy 80 just past hwy 34 and there is also a feed store on the side of the road i have bought from both and only 50 min drive from you CANTON TRADE DAYS next weekend MARCH 1st - 4th off I-20 and only 65 minute drive all three within short driving distance of each other it's going to be sunny this week

Sorry to interrupt!
hide.gif

Newbie from Arlington, I wanted to ask about sources for chickens in the DFW and surrounding areas, all I am going on now is CL ads and a polishfarms referral from a friend. Hoping to get hens already laying.

Thanks,
-jim

I tried to find locally but I had no luck. I ordered from Murry McMurry Hatchery and will have a LOT of extras to place if your looking. LOL I heard about PolishFarms and met the guy that does it at a Dallas Chicken Meet Up (Meetups.com).... for which my husband and I were extremely late for (darn traffic and dyslexia.. started at 11:00... I thought it said 1:00) Anyhow... Locally it seems like the only thing that I could find were game birds and I don't want that. Is there anything in particular that your looking for?

I dont have anything thats already laying... but mine will be in 4 months... lol if you want to wait. ;)

Last edited:
Sorry to interrupt!
hide.gif

Thanks,
-jim
I'll second the polish farms referral. Dan helped me out when I got started. Its a bit of a drive for you from Arlington, but it's not awful. Welcome!

Last edited:
Jim- welcome. Do you have an idea what you want and how many? I have finished filling my breeder pens and now have a bunch of lonely girls left free ranging and I'm having way too much fun hatching.
jumpy.gif
There are lots of folks out here, we'll see if we can hook up you up. I go into Dallas a good bit. I'll bet I can find you a nice loud Longcrower too
lau.gif
or not. How many chickens can you have in the city?
Sorry to interrupt!
hide.gif

Thanks,
-jim

Not yet. I may just wait. My hens are laying so I figured maybe someone else had some. I lost my male about three weeks ago to the road or I'd be setting my own. I'd be happy with a male if someone had one they wanted to part with. I'm just north of Houston if that helps. I have a pearl and a lavender. Not really particular about color

Hi to all fellow Texans... I'm new to BYC and addicted to this site already. My name is Donnie and I live in Buna,Texas. I raise brangus cattle and have a few barbado sheep. I have several chickens (marans, barred rocks, white leghorns) I just ordered 24 black sex link chicks that I hope to get around the first part of March. I also have a few lavender guineas running around on the farm too. I recently had some pine trees cut and hauled them to the saw mill. I had some lumber cut and started myself a new chicken barn, 24x16. Chickens are addicting...
yippiechickie.gif

Give me a shout, if ya have time. I enjoy chatting, especially about poultry, livestock, exotic animals, hunting, fishing or about anything other than politics... lol most politicians are not worth my valuable time.

Talk to yall later.

welcome-byc.gif
Welcome to BYC, Donnie! I've heard of Buna but don't remember where it is in the state. I'm up in NE Texas close to Tyler. Sounds like a nice barn you're planning on. Remember...lots of ventilation. My chicken barn is 10 X 40 and is hardware cloth on 3 sides. Only solid wall is on the north to protect from the winter winds. Chickens in TX suffer way more from the hot summers than the cold winters. Good luck to you!!

Back
Top Bottom