Texas

Add one. We live in Von Ormy Tx, which is on the county line with San Antonio. Have many breeds and are getting ready for spring. we wiill be selling eggs and breeds of chickens fairly locally. Our latest hatch are Sweedish flower hens and have more Coming. So nice to have people near that care and nice to have found you! Paul

Hi:
I'm live in San Antonio and I'll be interested in some large Cornish
:)

New subject but I have a GLW 4 1/2 mo. old pullet that didn't act like she felt well a few days ago but seemed OK yesterday but today I noticed she is unsteady on her legs when she tries to walk, does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks for any input

I am from Deep South Texas.. Rio Grande Valley Area.. Edinburg, Tx... That's almost as far South as you can go without going into Mexico.. I was born and raised here.. Not sure why I stay.. It's gets as hot as blue blazes here, but it's home.. I love my 6 pullets that I raise in my backyard of the city.. No one has complained as yet. I am already getting 4 eggs out of 6 pullets that are 20 weeks old today. Aug. 28th 2012

I am from Deep South Texas.. Rio Grande Valley Area.. Edinburg, Tx... That's almost as far South as you can go without going into Mexico.. I was born and raised here.. Not sure why I stay.. It's gets as hot as blue blazes here, but it's home.. I love my 6 pullets that I raise in my backyard of the city.. No one has complained as yet. I am already getting 4 eggs out of 6 pullets that are 20 weeks old today. Aug. 28th 2012
Welcome Deb I'm new to this thread too but glad I found it
woot.gif

Welcome to all the new comers! Great group! Jockeyeba, do you think she might be over heating?
Rachael it's not as hot as it has been in weeks past & they did fine, I just had a post from the Wyandotte thread about the possibility of Mareks disease? I don't know a thing about that I'm fixing to check on it. They also said to post on the "emergency diseases thread.

Rachael it's not as hot as it has been in weeks past & they did fine, I just had a post from the Wyandotte thread about the possibility of Mareks disease? I don't know a thing about that I'm fixing to check on it. They also said to post on the "emergency diseases thread.
Just don't think it's Marek's after reading about it so any other suggestions?

New subject but I have a GLW 4 1/2 mo. old pullet that didn't act like she felt well a few days ago but seemed OK yesterday but today I noticed she is unsteady on her legs when she tries to walk, does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? Thanks for any input
Have you checked her feet feet for sores or cuts?

A lot of the common illnesses in Poultry cause lamness, inflamed joints, etc.

Can anyone tell me about feeding the American Beautyberry fruits to chickens. I know some say they are toxic to goats. I found a couple of comments on this site about them., but I was wondering if they are toxic to humans could something be passed along in the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom