Thank you Deerman for Sending the Eggs! Pics

MinxFox

Crowing
9 Years
Sep 16, 2010
Pensacola, FL
In the Nice Article Mr. Deerman topic, Deerman offered to send me some eggs. I sent him my adress and then he didn't reply, which is fine and kind of funny because it was more of a surprise when the eggs came today!
big_smile.png
My mom and I had just gotten back from feeding the peafowl and we got the mail and noticed there was a box on the front porch in the shade. My mom normally gets boxes on the porch due to the business she runs out of the house so it was nothing out of the ordinary but then when she went to go get the boxes she was like "Alea there is a box here for you!" Oooh I was so happy...It was way better than getting a box from relatives full of socks and old purses (no offense to them of course).
Now for pictures!
IMG_5561.jpg

Here I am opening the big box and now I am about to open the smaller box inside...
IMG_5562.jpg

Now here I am in the guest room were we have the incubator and I am about to open up the styrofoam with the eggs inside...
IMG_5563.jpg

I love it that all the eggs have what the chicks should be on them, if only the peahens laid eggs that said what the peachicks would be that would save us all a lot of guessing! Okay mom and I tried to tell what the abbreviations are, so if Deerman sees this I am sure he can tell us for sure but here is what we guessed...

The top row eggs say SC so is that 2 spalding cameos? Then the first egg on the bottom row is of course a bronze. CSP- Cameo silver pied? Then the last egg is W/P so is that white/pied? Lol all I am 100% sure about is the bronze egg!
IMG_5565.jpg

Thank you soo much Deerman, I really appreciate it. My mom and I make glass jewelry so if you have a wife we could make her some jewelry or we could make you a glass bowl and send it to you or something...Oh and my dad makes Native American things like war clubs and knives too so we will think of something to give you! Thanks this is great because I will be happy if at least one of those eggs you sent hatches since I have that one egg of mine that is developing and if it hatches it will need a peachick friend to grow up with.

Because my egg is so much more along then the eggs I got today, we are going to pic up another styrofome incubator tomorrow for us to hatch my peahen's egg out in so that way I can change the humidity for it without messing it up for the other eggs since they won't need both trays filled up yet until much later.
wink.png

Thanks again and great packaging!
smile.png

Thanks everyone, all the eggs are in the incubator, I can't wait for day 10 so I can see what they look like...My peahen's egg is on day 13 and I candled it today and saw the peachick moving a lot in the egg. I will have to start talking to it a lot.

When I was about to put the Deerman eggs in the incubator our miniature poodle walked up and was sniffing at an egg and I had to shoo her away. She once stole some eggs we painted for easter and ate them all so I don't trust her getting so close to eggs. I have been joking around that if a chick hatches then we will grab the dog and have the peachick imprint on our dog just to be funny. I am not really going to do that though!
tongue.png

Last edited:
sorry i had wrote what eggs were, but forgot to put the list in the box.....
lol.png
old timers i guess.

SC= splading/spilt charcoal both male and hens
CSP= hen was a cameo silver pied faher could be purple pied, bs pied white eye, or charcoal
WP= white peach peacock, peahens bs siler pied, or white
Broze peacock with either bronze hen or pied split bronze

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom