Thank you, Jesus!!!

Amen. There have been so many times when I thought hope was lost and God renewed it for me. Times when I thought everything would fall apart, but when I "gave it to Him", it all came together in ways I never would have dreamed. I am here today because of Him.

Praise God.

Last edited:
AMEN. Im too sick for church this morning. I seriously think I have strep throat or some such miserable thing. Hubby will take the kids and I guess I cant work on the new coop this afternoon unless HE works a miracle while the boys are all gone. I hope you all have a blessed day and Im super happy to find like minded folks here.

When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, "I used everything you gave me".

Greatest man in history named Jesus, had no servants, yet they called him Master. Had no degree, yet they called him Teacher. Had no medicines, yet they called him Healer. He had no army, yet kings feared him. He won no military battles, yet he conquered the world. He committed no crime, yet they crucified him. He was buried in a tomb, yet He lives today.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/militaryhumor/a/godbusy.htm

I
kina relate to this I have more then a few friends who have chickens this time of the year I trap hard I am in the process off thinning down preds hard right now a lot of them are winding up on fur stretchers I will not see preds for 6-8 months after I am done nor will any of my friends
smile.png
G_d bless you and your family and your flock.

I'm a believer as well. I prayed over my eggs and they are due to hatch on the 26th. I'm not fretting over it as G_d already knows how many I will have that will make it.

Thank you for posting this! I'm reminded of the lepers that were healed and only one went back to thank Jesus. I know I can be like that so many times, not remembering to be thankful.

Luke 17:11 Now on his way to Jerusalem, Jesus traveled along the border between Samaria and Galilee. 12 As he was going into a village, ten men who had leprosy met him. They stood at a distance 13 and called out in a loud voice, “Jesus, Master, have pity on us!”
14 When he saw them, he said, “Go, show yourselves to the priests.” And as they went, they were cleansed.

15 One of them, when he saw he was healed, came back, praising God in a loud voice. 16 He threw himself at Jesus’ feet and thanked him—and he was a Samaritan.

Egg Rookie: your post made me think of what I hope to hear when I see Jesus face-to-face..."well done good and faithful servant".

Cool story. I have also prayed for a couple sick or injured chickens and both of them pulled through. One had a bad case of botulism when she was very young. "She" turned out to be a roo as I found out this week, but he is as healthy as can be now after being almost completely paralyzed from the waist down. My other case was a young pullet who I thought would lose her feet to frostbite. It turns out she just lost her toes and she has learned to balance on what's left just fine.

I prayed to God about an eggbound hen. Then I gave her a short bath and guess what! She laid 2 eggs and was good ever since.
smile.png
Amen
smile.png

love.gif
Bless you all for these beautiful replies & testimonies.
love.gif

Certainly Jesus loves chickens, He seems to have an affinity to small, lowly, humble things -- the falling sparrow, the widow's mite, the one lost sheep, the quietly ailing woman in the large noisy crowd. He used a rooster to preach repentance to Peter! And chickens sure are humble birds, they scratch & peck at the ground, they bathe in dirt, the live lives of servitude to man. Jesus likened Himself to a broody hen who cares so well for her chicks.

The people on the prayer team at my church have become accustomed to getting my requests for prayer for my flock. I remember one man telling me afterwards "I never prayed for a goose before!" I pray knowing there is power in it, power to change the world. But I also know that I live in a fallen, imperfect world where not everything that happens is God's will. His will was for us to live in perfect obedience to Him and He made a perfect garden for us to live in. It was our own choice to sin that brought death & illness, thorns & weeds, hardship & trouble.

Still, I pray knowing that God can make a difference. Sometimes He changes the circumstance, sometimes He changes my ability to deal with it. And He causes all things to work together for good and brings purpose & redemption to our troubles, providing the sugar to make lemonade from life's lemons. Even if the other night I had come home to a scene of total carnage, Jesus would have still deserved my thanks & praise. But it sure would have been a whole lot more difficult to do so! It's the least I can do to offer Him thanks when circumstances are to my liking, and especially when I believe it is a direct result of divine intervention in answer to prayer.

Back
Top Bottom