1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Thanksgiving Heartburn

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CluckyCharms, Nov 23, 2012.

1. CluckyCharms

CluckyCharms Chillin' With My Peeps

Is anyone else up and cruising BYC because you can't sleep due to "thanksgiving heartburn" ... I am. lol! Nope I don't need a doctor, just Tums. I don't get heartburn but twice a year - Thanksgiving and Christmas.[​IMG]

2. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Bet It is from the Turkey grease, i have to use a separator to take the grease out of the drippings before i make gravy or my DH gets indigestion something fierce.
    Hope you get to feeling better. [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  3. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

We have Thanksgiving here early October. That there was the worst acid reflux I have ever had. No tums around :( I ate like 4 yoghurt cups to sooth it lol.

4. zazouse

zazouse Overrun With Chickens

Sep 7, 2009
    Southeast texas
    Yea yogurt works well with us here.. and we do love it.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  5. aoxa

aoxa Overrun With Chickens

I would drink milk if that didn't make me sick to drink straight. I just can't stand the taste. Yoghurt is awesome, and coats the stomach and soothes. At least I find it does :)

That time I needed more than just one though. It was that bad. I think it was the stuffing that did it. I have turkey other times and never have it like that.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by