THAT FUNNY CHICKEN!

cherrychicken

Songster
11 Years
Jul 7, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
i know that some of us must have weird nuts of chickens so tell about them!
ill start :
my fruitcake of a polish trys to sleep on the top of the coop every night despite weather it has hailed but she just will sleep on the roost so every night go out there and put her inside, that silly little bird...

My Araucana Gloria honks like a goose and refuses to roost in the coop, she sits on a chair in the garage and every night i have to put her in with her friends! let your freak flag fly, you are among friends
smile.png

I have a little cross-beaked, hump backed, Ameraucana. I know I should have put her down a long time ago but I didn’t have the heart to do it. She has got to be the ugliest bird in the history of the world but she has so much personality and she follows us around like a dog. I’m constantly tripping over her; you would think she would learn to stay out from underfoot.

She will probably never lay an egg her growth is very stunted from all the deformities she has but I figure as long as she seems to be enjoying life I see no reason not to let her.

My silkie/buff brahma mix insists on breaking into the duck pen ,every day,to eat their food and then squwaks up a storm until I come to let her out. i also have a turkey that thinks it's a parrot and insists on sitting on your shoulder and one that breaks into the chicken pen to sit on chicken eggs, weather a chicken is sitting on them or not. I have roos that use the flight netting on top off the coop as hammocks and peacocks that attack Emus.
We are all backwards here!
lol.png

Mary Ellen loves to chase the little grasshoppers in the fields. They all do really, but Mary Ellen will jump in the air trying to catch them.

Anne

Back
Top Bottom