That's it...Hope this electric fence KILLS something!!

Discussion in 'Predators and Pests' started by Three Cedars Silkies, May 11, 2009.

1. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    First a sweet little white silkie hen night before last, then a brown leghorn hen last night.

Something knows where the grocery store is!

I hope to have changed it's shopping habit today. I put up an electric fence around the top and bottom of the coops, plugged that sucker it...touched it (ouch!)...yep, it's hot.

I hope it kills the sh*t out of whatever predator is lurking at night. Probably coons...crap, I absolutely hate coons.

2. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    Happy Hunting! Did you find where the critter is getting inside and correct that problem?

Were the necks and crop ripped out or open or the head gone but the rest of the bird looking okay? If so, look for a coon.

Hope you get the critter...shoot it when and if you get the chance.

3. homestead5er

homestead5er Out Of The Brooder

May 16, 2008
    Loganville
    I don't think it will kill anything, but it should chase it off. Do you keep your pop door open at night? I was thinking about keeping mine open.

4. Three Cedars Silkies

Three Cedars Silkies Overrun With Chickens

Apr 17, 2008
    Gainesville, Fl.
    What ever it is is taking the whole chicken off. I'm wondering about a fox?? Just leaving feathers in the coop. All doors are closed tightly at night...every possible point of entry has been secured...[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by