The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
That's simply not true.

In a June 2020 interview on "Good Morning America," Dr. Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, estimated that 25% to 45% of "of the totality of infected people likely are without symptoms."

During the same interview, Fauci said, "we know from epidemiological studies" that asymptomatic people can transmit the virus "to someone who is uninfected even when they’re without symptoms."
I think that’s since been disproven. A lot has, though. No masks, one mask, two masks. Six feet, three feet. Masked with vaccine, no mask with vaccine. Vaccine immunity is unknown - booster probable. At first they said vaccine immunity was better than natural, but they’re finding that to be wrong. Science learns as it goes - we should welcome challenges in the form of peer review, so something you read last year is likely outdated.

I think that’s since been disproven. A lot has, though. No masks, one mask, two masks. Six feet, three feet. Masked with vaccine, no mask with vaccine. Vaccine immunity is unknown - booster probable. At first they said vaccine immunity was better than natural, but they’re finding that to be wrong. Science learns as it goes - we should welcome challenges in the form of peer review, so something you read last year is likely outdated.
I agree that it keeps changing as we learn more and I agree that is how science works.

I disagree that it has been "disproven" about asymptomatic transmission, though. Here is an article from less than a month ago:

What Percentage of COVID-19 Cases Are Asymptomatic?​

In a recent study [May of 2021], it has been revealed that around 40-50% of those infected are said to be asymptomatic.

“Sixty-one eligible studies and reports were identified, of which 43 used polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing of nasopharyngeal swabs to detect current SARS-CoV-2 infection and 18 used antibody testing to detect current or prior infection,” the study stated. “In the 14 studies with longitudinal data that reported information on the evolution of symptomatic status, nearly three quarters of persons who tested positive but had no symptoms at the time of testing remained asymptomatic.”

These numbers show just how fast the virus could spread if someone who doesn’t feel any symptoms goes out of their house and interacts with people. Infection would then multiply exponentially at a very fast rate.

🥴
Monkey Slide GIF

I agree that it keeps changing as we learn more and I agree that is how science works.

I disagree that it has been "disproven" about asymptomatic transmission, though. Here is an article from less than a month ago:

What Percentage of COVID-19 Cases Are Asymptomatic?​

In a recent study [May of 2021], it has been revealed that around 40-50% of those infected are said to be asymptomatic.

“Sixty-one eligible studies and reports were identified, of which 43 used polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing of nasopharyngeal swabs to detect current SARS-CoV-2 infection and 18 used antibody testing to detect current or prior infection,” the study stated. “In the 14 studies with longitudinal data that reported information on the evolution of symptomatic status, nearly three quarters of persons who tested positive but had no symptoms at the time of testing remained asymptomatic.”

These numbers show just how fast the virus could spread if someone who doesn’t feel any symptoms goes out of their house and interacts with people. Infection would then multiply exponentially at a very fast rate.
But this is their source...

Searches of Google News, Google Scholar, medRxiv, and PubMed using the keywords antibodies, asymptomatic, coronavirus, COVID-19, PCR, seroprevalence, and SARS-CoV-2.

Also, it doesn’t speak to transmission; just asymptomatic carriers. I haven’t seen any scientific papers published with a statistically valid sample that proves asymptomatic carriers can transmit. In fact, I’ve only read the opposite.

But this is their source...

Searches of Google News, Google Scholar, medRxiv, and PubMed using the keywords antibodies, asymptomatic, coronavirus, COVID-19, PCR, seroprevalence, and SARS-CoV-2.

Also, it doesn’t speak to transmission; just asymptomatic carriers. I haven’t seen any scientific papers published with a statistically valid sample that proves asymptomatic carriers can transmit. In fact, I’ve only read the opposite.
I appreciate that you are a discriminating science reader.

How about this study, then, which does discuss transmission.

"...persons with infection who never develop symptoms may account for approximately 24% of all transmission. In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms. Under a broad range of values for each of these assumptions, at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections was estimated to have originated from exposure to individuals with infection but without symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom