The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I appreciate that you are a discriminating science reader.

How about this study, then, which does discuss transmission.

"...persons with infection who never develop symptoms may account for approximately 24% of all transmission. In this base case, 59% of all transmission came from asymptomatic transmission, comprising 35% from presymptomatic individuals and 24% from individuals who never develop symptoms. Under a broad range of values for each of these assumptions, at least 50% of new SARS-CoV-2 infections was estimated to have originated from exposure to individuals with infection but without symptoms.
That study, which is based on statistical probability using very broad assumptions and nothing else? I could model the opposite outcome using a different set of assumptions we’d both be right, because neither of us have enough data. We’re missing the actual science of it - the actual tracing.

That study, which is based on statistical probability using very broad assumptions and nothing else? I could model the opposite outcome using a different set of assumptions we’d both be right, because neither of us have enough data. We’re missing the actual science of it - the actual tracing.

That simply not true. Stop spreading misinformation.
Well, actually, her point is valid. I agree with her. No research study is perfect, which is why I knew there are flaws with this one and the previous one I posted, so I posted a third reference. The third one I posted is a compilation of studies and involves large sample sizes.

I think it has been shown with the combination of all this research that her statement that asymptomatic transmission "has been disproven" is not correct. Many studies, while some with flaws, have illustrated that asymtomatic transmission does occur. Also, I don't need studies to show me that; I live in a community with thousands of college students and the community spread from people without symptoms was happening right before our eyes, here.

Well... technically, the vaccine gives you a minor case of COVID-19, so you would be getting it, but I see what you're trying to say.
That’s where you are ill informed. The vaccine does NOT give you a case of covid. Wow! Do some research. The side effects some get are your body building immunity to it. Id much rather have a few minor side effects like fever and aches and pains than be laying in ICU on a ventilator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom