The ‘I’ve Got The COVID Shot Club’!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. We'll see. I didn't have any reaction to the first, not even a sore arm. So we shall see.

I'm not really scared about the symptoms, but I am stressing about the needle. I'm usually terrified of needles, and the first one hurt so bad, so it makes me even more scared for the second.
ooh me me! i have a story.

so i went with my friend because i am deathly afraid of needles. we overheard someone talking about what they like to do when getting a shot. my nurse said “what do you like to do?” and my friend said “freak out” and we all laughed bc it was true. then i was like “maybe if we talk about something it would get my mind off of it.” the nurse said “ok well what if we talk about how strong you are” and i was like “wth is she taking about” then i looked down and i already had my bandaid on! she was super sweet and when my friend and i walked away she laughed and said “aww you’re so strong!” 😂😂

I'm genuinely baffled when people post the 🙁 emoji on posts like LIttleBrownie's above. Why does it make you sad that others are getting the vaccine? For those of you who choose, for your own reasons, to remain unvaccinated, it is *in your interest* that as many people as possible go ahead with being immunized and increase the speed and chances for widespread immunity in the population.

Do you not understand that? You should be the loudest cheerleaders for posts that promote getting the vaccine, while quietly going about your non-vaccinated ways in the background. There is no downside, for you, in others getting vaccinated - only upside!

Not to tell anyone what they should do; other than, it defies logic so I'd like to understand the sad reaction. 🤷‍♀️

Feeling pretty sick. I fell asleep less than 12 hours after getting up for the vaccine appointment and woke up feeling particularly crappy. At least it probably isn't as bad as it would have been had I been infected by the actual virus.
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried taking a Tylenol or ibuprofen? (I am not a doctor, please don't take this as medical advice, lol.) Others on here have said it helped. :hugs

Try to rest and drink lots of fluids.

guys, this wasn’t even my worst story. 😂😂
ooh me me! i have a story.

so i went with my friend because i am deathly afraid of needles. we overheard someone talking about what they like to do when getting a shot. my nurse said “what do you like to do?” and my friend said “freak out” and we all laughed bc it was true. then i was like “maybe if we talk about something it would get my mind off of it.” the nurse said “ok well what if we talk about how strong you are” and i was like “wth is she taking about” then i looked down and i already had my bandaid on! she was super sweet and when my friend and i walked away she laughed and said “aww you’re so strong!” 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom