The 12 Days of BYC -- 2023!!!

Are you ready to light the world this Christmas?

• Yes! Count me in!

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I'll be doing an act of service every day outside of this!

• I joined late and am ready to go, go, go!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PioneerChicks

Naturalist
Sep 4, 2019
Idaho -- currently roadschooling
My Coop
My Coop
Who's ready for year 5 of spreading Christmas cheer throughout BYC and beyond?!?!

Like in our previous years (the first being 2019), here are some suggestions for something you can do everyday to light the world! These are not rules, but guidelines. Feel free to switch things up to suit you! And of course, service is not limited to one item per day ;)

Sorry for the late start this year. It always slips up on me! Anyways, it starts TODAY!!!

Dec 14, day 1:
Think of 10 things you are thankful for and share them on BYC (this thread would work great), social media, or to a friend or family member!

Dec 15, day 2: Welcome one or more new BYC members by replying to their "New Member Introduction" or post a comment on their profile page. Try to engage them in a conversation!

Dec 16, day 3: Spend some quality time with your poultry or other pets, a friend, or a family member.

Dec 17, day 4: Try to go through a whole day with out complaining. Do your best to be kind and positive to everyone you see or message today!

Dec 18, day 5: Think of a BYC member you don't know much about and ask them a question about their flock. Most people's favorite subject to talk about is themselves, except chicken owners, who like to talk about their chickens. :p Ask them about their favorite bird, their breeds, and funny habits their chickens have!

Dec 19, day 6: Do a secret act of service! No service, no matter how small, is ever wasted.

Dec 20, day 7: The next time somebody messages you today, tell them something you appreciate about them. If nobody messages you then be proactive and message somebody yourself!

Dec 21, day 8: Contact a BYC Staff Member or a Project Manager or a member you've noticed is always giving helpful advice and tell them how much you appreciate them. They work hard on this forum and deserve some credit!

Dec 22, day 9: Share a positive quote with someone who is going through a hard time, or someone who just deserves it.

Dec 23, day 10: Contact a BYC member you admire and tell them why you admire them! Or tell a friend 5 reasons why you love them.

Dec 24, day 11: Think of a friend or family member you think might be lonely or going through a rough time. Call them and give them a few minutes of your time. You might be the person who makes their Christmas!

Dec 25, day 12: Give a gift to your poultry! Some ideas are a new sign to put in the coop, a special treat, a promise to paint their coop in spring or simply spend extra time with them. Merry Christmas!

Please check in at the poll or leave a quick 'hello' comment to dedicate yourself, then tag a friend who you think might be interested!

Let's get ready to rumble!!!

Last edited:
Today I'm thankful for...

1. For my family and the wonderful times we have together!
2. For my extended family and all of our great discussions!
3. For having found and settled in a new home!
4. For almost instantly connecting with a chicken crazy neighbor! :D
5. For all my pets!
6. For snow and frost and this cozy fire season!
7. For our back porch to face east so I can watch the sun rise over the hills every morning!
8. For the miracle of being led to a stray kitten yesterday and being able to welcome her into our home!
9. For this wonderful community on BYC! Sorry I've neglected you this past year :hmm
10. And because I believe in being humbly grateful for things in the future, I'm so thankful for being able to rebuild my flock and get back into breeding chickens this coming spring!

Back
Top Bottom