The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in!!!! I have 8 BBS Orp eggs and 4 white and 4buff bearded silkie eggs coming by usps tomorrow. Gotta new brinsea mini advance to go with my still-air. Can't wait.
big_smile.png

WOW Shaun, that is quite the incubator!

You'll have your farm filled with poultry before you know it!

Setting Icelandics????
I think there are about 30 icelandics in there.. kinda lost count as I was filling trays.... LOL
wowser! That's awesome! How many eggs is that?
24 dozen in the two trays plus an 18 pack of stray turkey eggs under the bottom tray....
OK where are the instructions for this thing!!!! That's awesome!
Thanks.. been dreaming this one up for almost a year.. still got a few tweaks to make but if I get a good hatch..I'll be happy!
I would not want to turn all of them eggs..
ep.gif
actually takes about 3 seconds.. they move together on a center pivot--just tilt back and forth.. easy peasy!!
24 dozen X 12 = 288 eggs!!!

If Shawn gets an 80% hatch, that's 230 chicks!!!

It's good he has a huge new barn out on his farm!!
25.5 dozen X 12 =306 80%=245 chicks sell 50%=feed for a month!! LOL

I've got to start putting up chicks on CL to sell for feed $.... just saving the ones that look awesome and that will LAY ALOT!

Why do you put X and O if they're in cartons? Will you be laying them on their side after the three days, or just tilting the cartons?
The other night when we were talking about things being stolen I had just realized the cover on my porch light was gone. A few minutes ago I heard someone run off of the porch and when I looked out a man was standing at the end of the drive with 2 boys. I reached for the door knob and about that time I see the man pointing at the house with a stern look on his face and he was saying something to them. They turned towards the house, so I opened the door quick and scared the crap out of them. I think I scared the dad too. They told me they took the cover and pointed at the bench. They apologized and then the dad told me, that they had been playing ball on their porch and broke the one there, so they decided since mine was very similar, they'd replaced it. He said while looking at them "WITH A STOLEN ONE!!" He said they played it off by saying they had changed the light bulb and when he went to put the cover on, it was to small. He said it took a couple of days of being grounded to get them to tell where they got it from. So my ugly cover is back. LOL
Great to know the dad did the right thing! If a kid pinched something around here, the parents would just keep quiet. Consideration and community are sorely lacking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom