The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tad,

Shipped eggs need to set out 24 hours to settle. You would almost be there..contact the shipper and find out how old the eggs are. Check the air cells after 24 hours. If they are small..they are fresh. You could wait. Than again shipped eggs are more fragile. I would place them in a cool area and wait if they are fresh. You might find out that waiting longer gives higher hatch rate. Think of it as an experiment.

My eggs from Bargain are waiting at the PO. I think I'm going to be hatching a lot of eggs. My barred rocks are laying now so im going to throw them in also. I have around 4 dozen now saved and some scovy ducks a friend is bringing over for me to hatch. If you hatch for some one what does everyone charge for that?
wait.. they are waiting? what are you doing here!?? everytime i get my call im up and out in about 2 seconds.

Tad,

Shipped eggs need to set out 24 hours to settle. You would almost be there..contact the shipper and find out how old the eggs are. Check the air cells after 24 hours. If they are small..they are fresh. You could wait. Than again shipped eggs are more fragile. I would place them in a cool area and wait if they are fresh. You might find out that waiting longer gives higher hatch rate. Think of it as an experiment.
she said they are fresh, i will see how many days old now though. Cant wait to hatch them though!!

My eggs from Bargain are waiting at the PO. I think I'm going to be hatching a lot of eggs. My barred rocks are laying now so im going to throw them in also. I have around 4 dozen now saved and some scovy ducks a friend is bringing over for me to hatch. If you hatch for some one what does everyone charge for that?

I charge $1/egg. $.50/deposit for each egg and then $.50/chick that hatches.

How much space did they take up in the bator? would you have used that space if it werent for him? If so, i would pay him because he saved you money on having to buy hatching eggs to fill up space.
lol.png
(jk about the last part) I would charge $1 an egg for the ones that hatched and arent deformed. or if he is a close friend.. free!
Not that good of a friend. I will go with that then.
uMy eggs from Bargain are waiting at the PO. I think I'm going to be hatching a lot of eggs. My barred rocks are laying now so im going to throw them in also. I have around 4 dozen now saved and some scovy ducks a friend is bringing over for me to hatch. If you hatch for some one what does everyone charge for that?
wait.. they are waiting? what are you doing here!?? everytime i get my call im up and out in about 2 seconds.
I'm at work have no chose.

Last edited:
Ok, I'm in. I haven't hatched since Christmas & hubby is relenting. I'd like to offer a six-pack of Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana project eggs for a flapper contest. No staging photos; birds must be on their feet. Any poultry accepted. I'll let organizers choose the rest of the details :)

Glad to have a bit of time to spend with you!

Ok, I'm in. I haven't hatched since Christmas & hubby is relenting. I'd like to offer a six-pack of Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana project eggs for a flapper contest. No staging photos; birds must be on their feet. Any poultry accepted. I'll let organizers choose the rest of the details
smile.png

Glad to have a bit of time to spend with you!
cant wait to enter!!

Night before last I put the roosters back in the hen coops. I hope I start getting fertiles by Saturday.
I haven't seen any action yet _ just prancing.

Just a question.....this is first time I've particapated in any hatch or contest......I've sent in my guess ,but where do I record my # of eggs I'm putting in to hatch and also finally how do I report # of hatched?????.....Blue egg hatch this time..:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom