The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok...so my count so far is 7 of my own eggs, gonna pick up a dozen Silkie eggs on Saturday, and hopefully will have my dozen + Serama eggs that are being shipped. rough estimate (with extras in the shipped eggs) is 35... we shall see what happens, and I'll take pics as soon as I have all of them set

Just a question.....this is first time I've particapated in any hatch or contest......I've sent in my guess ,but where do I record my # of eggs I'm putting in to hatch and also finally how do I report # of hatched?????.....Blue egg hatch this time..:)
Post in this thread number of eggs set, preferably with a picture of the eggs in incubator (I think the picture is needed if you are interested in the best/worse hatch rate contest) I'm guessing we'll also post the number hatched with picture in the thread.

I'm in... a couple of days early on the chickens and late on the turkey eggs... Maiden voyage of the EGGINATOR...LOL

Wow! Just amazing! Hoping for a great hatch for you and then you can show us how to brood so many at a time
wink.png

Quote: Guess there is hope after all. Now maybe Arielle will get her cooler back

my eggs should get here today. Im worried though because waiting till sunday to set might lower hatch rate. I might set tomorrow, opinions?
Aren't we setting on Saturday at noon?
wait.. they are waiting? what are you doing here!?? everytime i get my call im up and out in about 2 seconds.
Me too! I got the call this a.m. and dragged my DD kicking and screaming to the car in her PJ's. LOL! Really!
Woo hoo! Eggs are here!
Mine Too! Here they are:

Ok, I'm in. I haven't hatched since Christmas & hubby is relenting. I'd like to offer a six-pack of Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana project eggs for a flapper contest. No staging photos; birds must be on their feet. Any poultry accepted. I'll let organizers choose the rest of the details
smile.png

Glad to have a bit of time to spend with you!
I'm gonna win those eggs, LOL!
droolin.gif

Guess the snow south of me delayed my eggs. Hoping they get her tomorrow. In an hour or so I'll put my quail eggs in, so my bator will be close to full.
Still have my shipped eggs and some of my own to go in on Saturday. Plus I have a broody, so I may slip some under her on Saturday night (I know they'll be a grew hours late, but think its my best course of action.)
Oh yeah, had six hatch over the weekend, and five more yesterday and today.

I need an adjudicator to tell me if I am in or not. I will be arriving on a plane in the Phils on Easter Saturday so I cannot have eggs hatch that day but.... I have 70 odd eggs I set on Sat (a week early) and I have 48 eggs I am setting by proxy this saturday (due to a wrongly shipped order) Waddayathink?
I imagine it would depend on whether the person setting them is also taking part in the hatch-along.

Looks like we will be setting a bunch of eggs since my ladies have finally started to go into overdrive. Hoorayyyyy!

I don't have the final count yet but we will be setting:

Purebred Polish (frizzle gene)
Purebred Bearded Silkie
OEG Bantam/Silkie cross
BCM crosses
RIR crosses
Cochin crosses
Wyandotte crosses
Turken crosses
Australorp crosses
Light Brahma crosses

The eggs are a cross because we have everyone (but the polish and silkies) in the same pen. I can not WAIT to see what we come up with. Our dominent roo is a Light Brahma and then next in line is our Barred Rock. Maybe a little black bearded silkie baby or two also!

25.5 dozen X 12 =306 80%=245 chicks sell 50%=feed for a month!! LOL
Holy moly that's a lot of eggs!

I've got to start putting up chicks on CL to sell for feed $.... just saving the ones that look awesome and that will LAY ALOT!
I'm afraid you don't have the willpower to give them up.
lol.png

Quote: x2
Well I am late with duck eggs but here is my single lonely egg. It is my first time so I did not want to whack too many

I may still try to get some LF eggs from a neighbor but then I would have to find em a home.
I haven't hatched ducks, but are you putting more eggs in? You really don't want to hatch just one. They need a buddy or 2 or they will drive you batty.
Ok, I'm in. I haven't hatched since Christmas & hubby is relenting. I'd like to offer a six-pack of Chocolate/Mauve Ameraucana project eggs for a flapper contest. No staging photos; birds must be on their feet. Any poultry accepted. I'll let organizers choose the rest of the details
smile.png

Glad to have a bit of time to spend with you!
Great, thanks! We'll put something together.

Quote: Yes post them in this thread. Pictures of eggs in the incubator and chicks hatched for the best/worst hatch rate contests.
Quote: Yup, Saturday at noon so they hatch the day before Easter.

I haven't hatched ducks, but are you putting more eggs in? You really don't want to hatch just one. They need a buddy or 2 or they will drive you batty.
Great, thanks! We'll put something together.
I hatched just two chicks out a few weeks ago. They drove me batty! Constantly asking for attention and then pooping all over me. The boy was a typical boy: really stinky poos. They also wouldn't go to sleep unless I sat next to them until they dropped off.
That's my smallest hatch to date. I'd done 4 in the past and they weren't half as needy.

My biggest problem will be bringing myself to have the boy processed. Spending so much time with them doesn't make it easy :( He puts his head on my shoulder and whispers in my ear. I'd never heard a chicken whisper before
love.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom