The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
GOOD THURSDAY MORNING ALL !!:D. I had 5 OE hatch so far,1 lonely sq tobulnt polish.I have more eggs pipping Cuckoo/ blue Cuckoo marans, bbs marans, SBEL. I can not wait! Sharing some with my brother. The cuckoos are for my oldest he loves the cuckoo marans. The awesome thing is we have a feather legged one from NYD. A different strain. And these that are hatching are feather legged. My youngest sons are the black/ blue copper marans. He loves those. And of course we have a roo for them also from NYD hatch. Love it! I had 9 tobulnt polish. Only 1 developed :/ this one is my wifes, so I see a pet. Maybe I can get it a mate when I can tell the sex of it. It still is drying. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The other night when we were talking about things being stolen I had just realized the cover on my porch light was gone. A few minutes ago I heard someone run off of the porch and when I looked out a man was standing at the end of the drive with 2 boys. I reached for the door knob and about that time I see the man pointing at the house with a stern look on his face and he was saying something to them. They turned towards the house, so I opened the door quick and scared the crap out of them. I think I scared the dad too. They told me they took the cover and pointed at the bench. They apologized and then the dad told me, that they had been playing ball on their porch and broke the one there, so they decided since mine was very similar, they'd replaced it. He said while looking at them "WITH A STOLEN ONE!!" He said they played it off by saying they had changed the light bulb and when he went to put the cover on, it was to small. He said it took a couple of days of being grounded to get them to tell where they got it from. So my ugly cover is back. LOL
I thought that was an odd thing to steal.. now it makes sense. So proud of the dad. Nice to know parents like that still exist.

Just got 23 Buckeye eggs in the mail yesterday! A new breed here! Very eggciting!
wee.gif

Our first night went great with the eggs in the incubator :) my temp high and low on my accurite both says 99 and humidity between 19-24%. Hoping the rest of incubation will go this smoothly! I'm planning for humidity to drop well below that though since right now is so wet outside, but from what many of you say just not worrying about the humidity is best so I may stick with that. Hope everyone else who have already set their eggs is having good luck so far :)

That's great RedBug! I ordered those early from hatchery & I still couldn't get them! Oh well, there were many other breeds to choose from.

Getting the LG going. Think its almost stable....need more coffee...
Good morning everybody!!! Have a happy Thursday! Spring Break starts tomorrow here in Canada! Weeeeeee!

Well I am late with duck eggs but here is my single lonely egg. It is my first time so I did not want to whack too many

I may still try to get some LF eggs from a neighbor but then I would have to find em a home.

my eggs should get here today. Im worried though because waiting till sunday to set might lower hatch rate. I might set tomorrow, opinions?

My eggs from Bargain are waiting at the PO. I think I'm going to be hatching a lot of eggs. My barred rocks are laying now so im going to throw them in also. I have around 4 dozen now saved and some scovy ducks a friend is bringing over for me to hatch. If you hatch for some one what does everyone charge for that?

My eggs from Bargain are waiting at the PO. I think I'm going to be hatching a lot of eggs. My barred rocks are laying now so im going to throw them in also. I have around 4 dozen now saved and some scovy ducks a friend is bringing over for me to hatch. If you hatch for some one what does everyone charge for that?
How much space did they take up in the bator? would you have used that space if it werent for him? If so, i would pay him because he saved you money on having to buy hatching eggs to fill up space.
lol.png
(jk about the last part)

I would charge $1 an egg for the ones that hatched and arent deformed. or if he is a close friend.. free!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom