The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally found LF Cochin eggs for the hatch!!! Barred. So, I'll be setting Barnevelders and Cochins!!! YAY! I finally feel complete, and exhausted!
th.gif
LOL The hatch hasn't even started yet! Better get some rest!
gig.gif

So, I went to tractor supply yesterday and was THINKING about getting some pullets even though I just hatched my own chicks LOL. I did resist the chicks, but they had the little giant and turner both on sale 35 each. My fiance has been trying to make a homemade one but we haven't got it stable and I thought the little giant might make a great hatcher and the turner I got to be a backup... My turner is kinda iffy and they're supposed to be sending me another motor. I saw the numbers on the guesses for how many eggs set is that for everyone?

Hi everyone i have a question in 2 months i have silkie hens that will be a year old and they have not layed a single egg yet is this normal
Our silkie girls have started laying between 8 mos - over a year. Each one a little different I guess. Hope she starts laying for you soon with the longer and warmer days.

Whew, finally caught up. Think I can convince DH to do ALL the work around here just so I can stay up on the threads? I have one thread I follow that I am ALWAYS about 3,000 posts behind.
And 4 Silkies Harmony Hatched! Anyone guess what color they are? I havent a clue!

I'd guess white or that funny "off" color that shows up (I have a few of those). It happens when you mix all the colors together instead of setting up breeding pens by color. I hatched a couple from paint egg, they don't breed true anyway. They end up looking like a very pale buff. I think it's the color they've been calling creamsicle.

Quote:
Always go for the incubator....................and I raise both of those two breeds.

Deb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom