The 4th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our First Black Cochins and update on "bubba" the round belly!

Both are doing good so far! running around chirping away!!

LOVE middle WHITE feathered toes!! LOL

Bubba had first 2 POOS! Green Meconium Poo !! YAY Good sign!

Look at those TOES!!!

Awww.. where else can you go where people will properly appreciate your pictures of poo???
hugs.gif
Sorry, I had to go there...I love your babies, and yes, white toes are even cuter than the black ones, if that's possible. I've said it a million times, but, I CAN'T WAIT TO HATCH MY COCHINS!!!!
wee.gif

Last edited:
After seeing all of the cute duckling photos, I figured that I should post one of my own. Here is one of my black east indie ducklings that I recieved on Valentines day. They are now a week and a half old and they're huge! I can't believe how fast these little guys grow!

That is the most adorable picture!!!
love.gif

I saw on FB that a very nice woman had her prize Paint Silky stolen from her trailer at the Nunan GA show last weekend. She developed the variety and said it was the best one she has ever raised. They wanted everyone to keep an eye out for the bird and to report it if you know where it is or who has it.

I didn't realize there were still chicken theives in our midst.
Ugh, that's awful!
somad.gif

Yep, it torques me off, too. I have a friend near here that keeps her flock of BLRW and some Cream Legbars in a chicken bunker on her mountain property. She checked on them a couple of weeks ago to find that someone had driven right up to the coop on a 4-wheeler and stolen some birds, including most of the Legbar hens and an Ameraucana that was her son's. I'd like to get a hold of whoever it was and ream them. How dare they?
Wow, that's brazen and WTH, raise your own! I mean, why?
idunno.gif
It's not like it's easy turn over money?
Our First Black Cochins and update on "bubba" the round belly!

Both are doing good so far! running around chirping away!!

LOVE middle WHITE feathered toes!! LOL

Bubba had first 2 POOS! Green Meconium Poo !! YAY Good sign!

Look at those TOES!!!
Wow, you did an excellent job with him! How CUTE!!! Wonderful! Congratulations!!!
celebrate.gif

Awww.. where else can you go where people will properly appreciate your pictures of poo???
hugs.gif
Sorry, I had to go there...I love your babies, and yes, white toes are even cuter than the black ones, if that's possible. I've said it a million times, but, I CAN'T WAIT TO HATCH MY COCHINS!!!!
wee.gif
yuckyuck.gif
But so true!!!

One more baby duck picture?

Baby cayuga
love.gif

and little duckie feet!

Although they didn't seem so little yesterday when I took them out on an outing on the lawn. They can certainly outrun me!

GOOD MONDAY MORNING!! looks like another wet one here in mid Ga.
hmm.png
We did need the rain. In the last 3 weeks I have had 13.5 inches of it. Everyone is having septic issues. Last year it was dry wells.
It rained here again today and I think supposed to rain off and on all day. Ugh, the runs are nasty and I have to collect eggs in a bit. Last year our well didn't completely dry out, but we still had to take it easy on water until we got a good rain.
You'd probably smack me for saying this, but DH and I were just saying last night that this winter has been really crappy. Just cold, cold,ugly, dreary, cold, but no snow. At least a good snow would break up the monotony. I wouldn't want it all the time, but one good snow would be nice. The most we had once this year was about 2-3 inches, the rest has been dustings. Okay, now you can smack me..
smack.gif
I have hated the weather this winter. It's gone from cold to warm to freezing to hot. Thankfully no snow. It only snows here every so many years and it's melted within a day normally.

On that note, I wish I could find the picture my grandmother took when I was about 5. I built a snow chicken right next to the coop. It was my first snow and I didn't want to build a snowman.
lol.png

Got * most* of my eggs ordered. Just hoping they get here in time. I think I may have a little space left, so I may look for a few more. Guess if I have to, I can save a few of my own next week.
Timing is close. I should have everything out of the incubator and in to the hatcher in time to make space! May have to lock down a day early, but they are shipped eggs, so that shouldn't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom