The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All
I would love to join The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long
I am going to set 6 black silkie's & 6 [COLOR=333333]Lavender Araucana[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333]Good luck to all, happy Hatch-a-long Easter, my gran kids going to love this[/COLOR]

Welcome! Glad to have ya! :)

I'm in, but I have to work 9-6 so mine will be set before noon. I'll be hatching Welsummer and Speckled Sussex
Welcome!

I made a score today with getting a hold of some new grow out pens!
smile.png

This is the inside of the box. It already has a perch.
smile.png

Now I realize it needs some paint yet. My oldest son ( not the one that is hurt) and I replaced the wire the whole way around this afternoon.

This one was a rabbit hutch but I am going to use it for chicks or ducklings.

And the inside..

Maybe not a big deal for some, but I am quite pleased with today!
smile.png
Great Find!

Hi All
I would love to join The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long
I am going to set 6 black silkie's & 6 Lavender Araucana
Good luck to all, happy Hatch-a-long Easter, my gran kids going to love this
Welcome!

She hatched 6
Love the mommas. I wish I could raise all mine that way.

Man I wish my bator would have gotten here by now!
15d8lk2.jpg
And day now, any day.
Ernie was always my favorite!

Quote:
Hey girl, Have Fun...Go dance for me.. whose husband still refuses to try! BTW..the other night he said Kiomey called, lol! I was like seriously Ray, you still can't get her name right? I made him program the phone..
hmm.png
Yes that broody counts, and that way you can set some of the ones I gave you under her and the good ones in the Brinsea. You do have to show me pics of those chicks though. I'm always curious about what they'll look like!

Quote: OMG-- this is Phillis Diller!!

Quote: I moved my two in together in one room--gives me a room to do hatching!! lol

WELL

My bator that is brand new had an issue so I had to request a replacement part. GQ was very gracious and sent one right out.

In the meanwhile, I friend loaned me a brand new bator to try out.
love.gif
Isn't that the sweetest think ever?

I have/had enough eggs to fill both bators.

The neighbor came over with Turkey eggs and a pleading smile. I'm lured in by the adventure of Turkey eggs. They don't fit so every other one is a chicken egg. Yes, I know the chickens will hatch earlier. Kind of puzzled how to deal with that. Should have waited to set them but didn't think it through really good. Was just filling the bator.

So Turkeys are set. Plus some chickens. I know it's early! I still have a bator to fill on Friday. I'm setting to hatch on Friday because our church has a huge 2 day love-feast communion over Resurrection weekend.

Back to the WELL...

So, I have more eggs than will fill the 2nd bator and my mom orders me eggs!

I told her to wait and have them shipped in a couple weeks.

She didn't get the memo and they are coming on Thursday!

I have another friend with a bator he offered to lend me.

Looks like I will be filling 3 incubators to be hatching around Easter! The chickens will be hatching the Monday and Friday before and the Turkeys, the Monday after. I'm in shock.

3 incubators???!!!
Yeah !! 3!! You are officailly an Incubatora Anonymous member!!

Quote: Just takes practice like anything!! Love that old stove too.

Hospital waiting room selfie (just doing preops for total hip replacement)! They're so delayed, and I really don't have time for this - I have eggs to turn! Lol.
Good luck-- make sure they give you the hibecleanse for your preop showers. !! PM me if you want more information.

So my shipped eggs have been sitting for 48 hours- 24 of those in the incubtor, fat side up, no turning. Do you think it's safe to start turning now. Should I candle again first? I did have quite a few detached air cells when I first got them.

In other news, I got a call today from Mr. Will Morrow of Whitmore Farm letting me know that my Delaware chicks are ready! Squeee!

Hi All
I would love to join The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long
I am going to set 6 black silkie's & 6 Lavender Araucana
Good luck to all, happy Hatch-a-long Easter, my gran kids going to love this
Welcome!

I made a score today with getting a hold of some new grow out pens!
smile.png

This is the inside of the box. It already has a perch.
smile.png

Now I realize it needs some paint yet. My oldest son ( not the one that is hurt) and I replaced the wire the whole way around this afternoon.

This one was a rabbit hutch but I am going to use it for chicks or ducklings.

And the inside..

Maybe not a big deal for some, but I am quite pleased with today!
smile.png
nice find!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom