The 5th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my chicks just hatched with no assistance and now she has this red bulge on her vent it looks like. She's quietly resting on her nest egg mates right now. Should I just leave her alone?
Did it look like this?

This was one of my chicks, somebody suggested I put Neosporin on it, so I did that and just left her. She's been doing well.

I had a chick that was straddle legged so I took tried their legs together.I left about 1 " spacing between the legs and after a couple of days they were strong enough to stand on their own

That was just one of the incubators the dickie is still hatching. My wheaten marans are being stubborn Some are pipped Some won't be fertile. I m having issues with the wheatens fertile. I dont candle as much as some do. Ilet nature take its course. The Dickie bator usually hatches most of the eggs I put in it. Maybe a few early quitters . I do do eggtopsies

Cannot believe it caught up again!!!!!!!! Have to feed chicken (very Late) Move babies to brooder , See if I can get some good pictures maybe
Be back later work to be done......

wee.gif
CHick #2 hatched-- a blue Ameraucana! To go with DOm white , or maybe a splash chick--- waiting for #3 who has a external pip!!

Who can tell me the diff between a Dom white and a splash chick???????????? CHick is a pale yellow , solid colored. Splash? or Dom white??

Ron YOu out there? Or Sally?? ANy one??????????

One of my chicks just hatched with no assistance and now she has this red bulge on her vent it looks like. She's quietly resting on her nest egg mates right now. Should I just leave her alone?
Did it look like this? This was one of my chicks, somebody suggested I put Neosporin on it, so I did that and just left her. She's been doing well. Yes, but bigger, I seem to see some veins in it too.

Whelp still no pips or rockers now I think I have a dead hatch humph upsetting yes but oh well ill try again in about three day I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom