The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bleach smell is almost gone now it probably be gone by tomorrow morning before i set the eggs but I have some pix
1. My duck hatching incubator and you can see why I got my new one plus it also doesn't have any attachments but thats ok
2. My brooder setup now i need to fill it with the pine shavings and feeder and water but that won't be needing done for another week
3. My busy calendar which i dont have all of my stuff on it plus its my picture in the calendar
4. I got this jumbo Pekin egg (left) from a friend but there is 4 that is next to one of my eggs from my runner X kkaki Campbell with a crest now crossed with a Pekin
5. An olive egg from a friend

i finally wrote out brooder plans! itll be awesome to have some of yall's opinions on the design, size, and what not

Last edited:
Hi there, My very first post. I have set and hatched already this year. My first batch with my new rooster and hens have hatched with 12 out 13 success rate. I was very happy. I am preparing for my second batch and saw this thread and want to join. I have many different breeds that are not separated yet because I saved them from a family who were no longer able to keep them. I am however; looking to separate them by breed soon. So, for now; I am hatching mixed breeds. How does everyone find mixed breeds do for egg laying? Are they better if I separate them? Thank you for the information :)

Hi there, My very first post. I have set and hatched already this year. My first batch with my new rooster and hens have hatched with 12 out 13 success rate. I was very happy. I am preparing for my second batch and saw this thread and want to join. I have many different breeds that are not separated yet because I saved them from a family who were no longer able to keep them. I am however; looking to separate them by breed soon. So, for now; I am hatching mixed breeds. How does everyone find mixed breeds do for egg laying? Are they better if I separate them? Thank you for the information :)

welcome to byc and the hatch!!!

not too sure what your last two questions are asking...could you clarify?
I pretty much am only ever hatching cross breeds I like and I sell them and the chicks/eggs. theyre super colorful! normally crosses lay really well too and live a bit longer. im aiming to hatch seramas for the HAL...

I will join for the first time! My birds turned 20 1/2 weeks last weekend so I'm hoping I can put some Easter Eggers in there. How appropriate.
 If not then I have other birds I can use.

Good luck everyone! 

I'm afraid I will be pulling out of the hatch along. I've been collecting eggs but a hen of mine just went broody so I'm going to let her take care of the job. She will do it so much better. I will have chicks for Easter, but a week older. :)

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:
Thanks everyone. We're thinking predator since she did so well last year and that was her first time hatching and raising babies. oz, we're not big fans of duck around here.
lol.png
They're dad's and he just really likes raising them.

I'm hoping she'll try again, but I don't know much about ducks. Does anyone know if she'll try again? Both ducks are mallards.

I have never stacked.... but.....just put the extra eggs on top....when he proper day arrives candle and take out the unfertile eggs...you will need to carefully take out the second story when you turn and put them back on top in their rotated position, so mark one side with an x the other with an o....your work load will increase for a few days but the "egg sale" is worth the work!!!!!
:clap

*Does a Happy Happy Dance*

My friend is letting me borrow her incubator!!! Now I can relax and stop worrying about getting to many eggs....and start worrying about having to brood too many chicks...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom