The 6th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-a-long!

Status
Not open for further replies.
from the power cord you will need to run a direct line to the fan and a second to the STC1000. The fan must be running continuously when the bator is on.
I used an extension cord and cut it into. That way i just plugged my incubator into the female part of the cord that i wired on the back of the digital thermostat. I wired in the male end of the extension cord and plugged it into the plug in on the wall. I cut my cord closer to the female end so I could set the digital readout on top of my incubator. Then just put your thermostat wire through one of the holes in the top of the incubator and your done. It really worked good for me. very simple and very accurate once everything was set. I hope i havent been to complicated sounding with all this.

A few chicks legbanded and ready for the brooder.

A few! well then, I'm good. I must only have a couple.
yesss.gif
I was worried I was ordering to many.

I used an extension cord and cut it into. That way i just plugged my incubator into the female part of the cord that i wired on the back of the digital thermostat. I wired in the male end of the extension cord and plugged it into the plug in on the wall. I cut my cord closer to the female end so I could set the digital readout on top of my incubator. Then just put your thermostat wire through one of the holes in the top of the incubator and your done. It really worked good for me. very simple and very accurate once everything was set. I hope i havent been to complicated sounding with all this.
works great except the fan will go on and off.

My first set of shipped eggs arrived today. These will be an interesting to see how they develop for the Hatchalong. Experiment of shipping and storage/age of eggs.
fl.gif

Was going to put some of my frizzles in, but of course, they stopped laying. May be adding Brahmas to the lot instead.

So...

Brahma -mine
Silkies -mine & shipped
Frizzles -shipped
Ayam Cemani -shipped (if they arrive in time)

Just waiting on how many of each now.

Last edited:

Extension cord is awesome all around for incubator wiring! I used it inside, and replaced the cord to my heat lamp with it. It cost a whopping $2.50 at WalMart. I have my fan on a completely separate line, so I didn't have to deal with it when I swapped out the temperature control unit. Looking at the top of the incubator, the heat and the fan are in series and would need to be wired separately. In that case, clip the ends of both the fan wire and the heater wires with as much room to spare and buy two extension cords - use one to wire the fan, and one to wire the heater and temperature control unit. Seal off any unused exposed wires from the original wiring (liquid electrical tape is great for such), and you are in business!

My first set of shipped eggs arrived today. These will be an interesting to see how they develop for the Hatchalong. Experiment of shipping and storage/age of eggs. :fl

Was going to put some of my frizzles in, but of course, they stopped laying. May be adding Brahmas to the lot instead. 

So...

Brahma -mine
Silkies -mine & shipped
Frizzles -shipped
Ayam Cemani -shipped (if they arrive in time)

Just waiting on how many of each now.

Where did you get the cemani?

I have had mine stacked for over a week and so far they are all fine. There are some major cold spots in there (near the back, bottom row), so I just rotate them really well every time I turn them.

If you have a cold spot in your incubator, then you can help seal off the incubator by taping the seam where the incubator lid fits onto the incubator with tape like masking tape. This is a little bit of trouble but it helps to prevent heat loss. It is pretty easy to release the tape when you need to get into the incubator.

Just a suggestion. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom